[comp.sys.atari.st] GEMFAST bindings version 1.1

to_stdnet@stag.UUCP (02/20/89)

From: thelake!steve@stag.UUCP (Steve Yelvington)

Ian Lepore has just released version 1.1 of his GEMFAST bindings.
In addition to fixing the vq_extnd() bug, he has added some stuff. This is
from his release note:

> - A global variable was added to AES@NOTE such that the version number is
>   part of the variable name.  Allows a quick version-check via a link map.
> - New TOS 1.4 function 'wind_new()' added.
> - New TOS 1.4 function 'fsel_exinput()' added (see docs below).
> - 'Undocumented' functions 'form_button()' and 'form_keybd()' added.
> - Some cleanup in AESCOMN.S.
> - All of the variables in the 'global' array now have unique accessable
>   names which can be accessed from C.
>
> The AESFAST.A file is much bigger than v1.0.  This is primarily due to
> the addition the new fsel_exinput function (see below), and the vast
> amount of code required to simulate its actions on pre-TOS 1.4 systems.
> If you don't use this function, the increase in size won't affect you.

fsel_exinput() is a file selector with a prompt built in. On a pre-TOS-1.4
machine, the GEMFAST routine will simulate the new TOS call by displaying
a prompt above the standard file selector. I have NO idea how well this
will work with the enhanced replacement selectors, such as UIS.

As soon as I figure out how to get them to the moderator of
comp.bin.atari.st, I'll encode and mail out the archive. Really desperate
parties are invited to grab the file from my directory (steve) at pnet51,
612-929-6699, a pc-pursuitable un*x BBS. (Apologies to those outside North
America.)

/*************************************
 * bungia!{orbit|stag}!thelake!steve *
 * #member-of <STdNET>               *
 *************************************/

hillyer@endor.harvard.edu (Guy Hillyer) (02/21/89)

>From: thelake!steve@stag.UUCP (Steve Yelvington)
>

>Ian Lepore has just released version 1.1 of his GEMFAST bindings.

Are there plans to release the sources?

					-- Guy Hillyer
					ksr!guy@harvard.harvard.edu

steve@pnet51.cts.com (Steve Yelvington) (02/23/89)

hillyer@endor.harvard.edu (Guy Hillyer) writes:
>>From: thelake!steve@stag.UUCP (Steve Yelvington)
>>

>>Ian Lepore has just released version 1.1 of his GEMFAST bindings.
>
>Are there plans to release the sources?
>
>					-- Guy Hillyer
>					ksr!guy@harvard.harvard.edu

I should have made that clear in my earlier report. Ian released 1.1 to fix a
couple of urgent bugs, and threw in a few new functions as a bonus. He's
planning a 1.2 release that will include the revised sources. The 1.0 sources
are, as you know, available.

/s

UUCP: {uunet!rosevax,amdahl!bungia,chinet,killer}!orbit!pnet51!steve
ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!steve@nosc.mil
INET: steve@pnet51.cts.com
  -----------
  -or-
  stag!thelake!steve@pwcs.StPaul.GOV
  "A member of STdNET -- the ST Developers' Network"

ralph@laas.laas.fr (Ralph P. Sobek) (02/25/89)

In article <726@stag.UUCP>, to_stdnet@stag.UUCP writes:
> As soon as I figure out how to get them to the moderator of
> comp.bin.atari.st, I'll encode and mail out the archive. Really desperate

If you have a decent version of news (version 11 I believe), just post
to comp.bin.atari.st and your system will say that it's moderated and
will forward to the moderator.

--
Ralph P. Sobek			  Disclaimer: The above ruminations are my own.
ralph@laas.laas.fr			   Addresses are ordered by importance.