[comp.sys.atari.st] 1st Word foreign dictionaries

av74381@korppi.tut.fi (Vesterinen Arto) (02/25/89)

I'm interested in writing finnish dictionary for 1ST Word+ V3.0.
The problem is that to make a new main dictionary I would have
to remove all the words from spelling.dic by mergin a supplementary
dictionary with '-' sing preceding all the words to be removed.
This way it would work but I don't want to write 40000 words preceded
with minus sign. There must be an easier way!! I have also tried
to make a zero lenght file 'spelling.dic' but that didn't work either.
So is there anyone who has already written foreign dictionaries for
1st Word+. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

35002_3025@uwovax.uwo.ca (02/26/89)

In article <6232@etana.tut.fi>, av74381@korppi.tut.fi (Vesterinen Arto) writes:
> I'm interested in writing finnish dictionary for 1ST Word+ V3.0.
> The problem is that to make a new main dictionary I would have
> to remove all the words from spelling.dic by mergin a supplementary
> dictionary with '-' sing preceding all the words to be removed.
> This way it would work but I don't want to write 40000 words preceded
> with minus sign. There must be an easier way!! I have also tried
> to make a zero lenght file 'spelling.dic' but that didn't work either.
> So is there anyone who has already written foreign dictionaries for
> 1st Word+. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

If you were to use Word Perfect, you might be able to get an already existing
Finnish dictionary for the IBM, and use it on the ST.  As far as I know the
english dict's are the same for the St and the IBM.

Kevin-john Conway
...a librarian from hell...

University of Western Ontario
London Canada
"...deviants from the norm..."

"My ideas may be silly, but I'm not.  I'm positively skewed!"

35002_3025@uwovax.uwo.ca
conway@uwovax.bitnet
kjc@uwovax.bitnet