[comp.sys.atari.st] form_dial

rjung@sal44.usc.edu (Robert allen Jung) (03/02/89)

In article <7839@chinet.chi.il.us> saj@chinet.chi.il.us (Stephen Jacobs) writes:
>...  I looked at my code, and the problem was that I
>ended the dialog handler with form_dial(FMD_FINISH, cx, cy, cw, ch, 0,
>0, 0, 0);.  Apparently this only sends a redraw to a null rectangle
>rather than the one defined by cx cy cw ch.

  Just to be totally trivial, the reason this occurs is because
form_dial(FMD_FINISH) has the format

       form_dial (FMD_FINISH, small_x, small_y, small_w, small_h,
                              big_x, big_y, big_w, big_h)

  where the small_ and big_ variables correspond to rectangles for growing
and shrinking box effects. Supposedly these are ignored by FMD_START and
FMD_FINISH, but from your experiences, they're not.

						--R.J.
						B-)

P.S. Ah, bugs in the documentation for C calls. What memories they bring...

                 Disclaimer: This message was written with my authorization
      # ## #
      # ## #     Mailing address: rjung@nunki.usc.edu
     ## ## ##          (It's easier to just use the reply function, tho)