[comp.sys.atari.st] STs Do Exist

Friesen@PCO-MULTICS.HBI.HONEYWELL.COM (02/27/89)

Every so often someone posts to the net saying that they cannot find any
STs.  I would just like to post some info.  about ST availability here
in Phoenix AZ.  I just came from my ST dealer, and he had about ten Mega
4s, five mega 2s, and four or so 1040s.  Buy the way he was selling his
Mega fours for $1900 (ram prices must be falling!).

I also heard the Tweety Board on demo.  It was hooked to 2 speakers so
there was no 3-D sound, but it did sound a lot better than the monitor.
It was very tempting.

Aric Friesen

"Hypnotism; the programming language for people."

Addresses:

Genie:  A.FRIESEN

ARPA:  Friesen%PCO@BCO-MULTICS.ARPA

sbrown@bgsuvax.UUCP (Scott F. Brown) (03/01/89)

In article <890226201240.281042@PCO-MULTICS.HBI.HONEYWELL.COM>, Friesen@PCO-MULTICS.HBI.HONEYWELL.COM writes:
> Every so often someone posts to the net saying that they cannot find any
> STs.  I would just like to post some info.  about ST availability here
> in Phoenix AZ.  I just came from my ST dealer, and he had about ten Mega
> 4s, five mega 2s, and four or so 1040s.  Buy the way he was selling his
> Mega fours for $1900 (ram prices must be falling!).

	Ah, finding Ataris can be a difficult experience, however, I have had
a pleasant surprise recently.  Our campus is packed wall to wall with Macs, PCs
and PSIIs.  A rather sickening sight to Atarians.  However, this past week I
discovered a room at the health center.  It appears that the health center uses
STs.  In a full count, it was about a dozen 1040s, 3 or 4 megas, a laser
printer, and an image scanner.  It was a nice sight.

							- Scott F. Brown

sbrown@andy.bgsu.edu
	If you want to clean your disk drive, take a piece of sandpaper and
make it the size of a standard disk, insert into drive and turn on computer.
Works almost as good as Comet :=)

Xorg@cup.portal.com (Peter Ted Szymonik) (03/02/89)

ST's are also in plentiful supply in the NYC area with at least three
mail order houses regularily advertising and selling the Mega and
1040 lines.

Peter Szymonik