[comp.sys.atari.st] Bitnet Atari ST Forum proposal

MCCABE@MTUS5.BITNET (03/14/89)

Date:    13 March 89, 17:40:12 EST
From:    Jim McCabe                                     MCCABE   at MTUS5
To:      INFO-ATARI16 at SCORE.STANFORD.EDU
Subject: Bitnet Atari ST Forum proposal

A couple years ago, Paul Molenaar (spelling?) ran a weekly discussion
group for Atari ST programmers and users.  It died out, but I still
like the idea (it might be one of the only good uses of Relay yet.)

I'd like to get the group back up, but first I'm going to need input
from interested people as to *when* it should be held.  (ESPECIALLY
those in Europe, since that's where most of the ST activity takes
place.)  There's no way to please everyone on all the continents,
but we should be able to find a happy medium.

Here's the scheme:  everybody meets on some predetermined channel on
       Relay (say, channel 520), and they BS for a couple hours about
       programming problems, forthcoming program releases, etc...

It's a great way to get help with programming dead-ends, and probably
kinda fun too.

Anyone interested please send mail to "MCCABE at MTUS5", and I'll
try to find a good time to meet that will please most of those involved.
I'll get back to everyone interested when I find a good schedule.

                                                Jim McCabe
                                                MCCABE @ MTUS5.BITNET