[comp.sys.atari.st] Need vt100 or kermit for atari st

oliver@eros.ame.arizona.edu (Oliver Paschereit) (02/09/89)

Please help. I would like to find a terminal program for
Atari ST computers which emulates VT100 or kermit.

BITNET:  oliver@arizrvax
uucp: ...{allegra,seismo,hao!noao}!arizona!eros!oliver
internet: eros!oliver@arizona.edu
          oliver@rvax.ccit.arizona.edu

Thank you

Oliver Paschereit

jgtst@cisunx.UUCP (Jim Tauberg) (02/22/89)

I have seen a program called 220-ST.  It is the best VT-100 emulator I've
seen for the ST.  Don't know where to get it, but it's good.

James Tauberg

rjd@brunix (Rob Demillo) (02/23/89)

In article <16078@cisunx.UUCP> jgtst@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu (Jim Tauberg) writes:

>I have seen a program called 220-ST.  It is the best VT-100 emulator I've
>seen for the ST.  Don't know where to get it, but it's good.
>

>James Tauberg

Sorry, the best terminal emulator is *still* the cheapest: UniTerm 2.0x

I still haven't found a better VTxxx emulator for *any* micro. (And I've
gone through a lot.) Plus you get the advantage of a Tek emulator.

                     - Rob DeMillo
		       Brown University - Planetary Science Group

johng@iscuva.ISCS.COM (John Gardner) (02/24/89)

In article <16078@cisunx.UUCP> jgtst@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu (Jim Tauberg) writes:

>I have seen a program called 220-ST.  It is the best VT-100 emulator I've
>seen for the ST.  Don't know where to get it, but it's good.
>

>James Tauberg

Michtron is the publisher of this package and carry it for a very reasonable
price. As one of the authors of 220-ST I'd like to include that we are beta
testing an update to 220-ST that includes Ymodem Batch file transfer and
true blinking character attributes plus a number of user interface
enhancements.

We are also in the process of porting the terminal emulation state machine to
the Macintosh, in fact I'm typing this with the Mac version. This is a very
complete VT220 emulation including downloadable character sets and User
Defined Keys. The Mac version should also work with Magic Sac and 64K ROMs.

John Gardner
Tricom Software
UUCP:  {backbone}!uunet!iscuva!johng

In article <16078@cisunx.UUCP> jgtst@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu (Jim Tauberg) writes:
>I have seen a program called 220-ST.  It is the best VT-100 emulator I've
>seen for the ST.  Don't know where to get it, but it's good.

I bought a copy of this before I discovered Uniterm. It's published by
MichTron. It's not bad, really, but I still think Uniterm is better.
220-ST does do pretty complete VT220 emulation. Also has Xmodem and Kermit
file transfer support. The VT220 emulation provides complete mapping of
VT220 function keys, and allows downloading/host-controlled definitions.
They call these macros, I call 'em user definable keys. All you can do is
assign text to them, as opposed to Uniterm, where you can assign strings
of commands. Given that Uniterm is free, and does more, I don't think anyone
would need 220ST. Not to knock the program. It really does everything it
claims to, very well, but Uniterm also works well - why pay for something you
can get for free, eh?
--
  /
 /_ , ,_.                      Howard Chu

gjh@otter.hpl.hp.com (Graham Higgins) (03/14/89)

I have a copy of Ckermit which I obtained from an archive site on the Internet.
The site is Columbia U. and it holds a large number of kermit ports for various
machines --- the Internet address is 128.59.40.130. If you don't have access to
anonymous ftp, mail me and I'll send you a uuencoded binary. It works on my
brand-new 1040.

Cheers,

Graham
======