[comp.sys.atari.st] Memory upgrade for a 1040ST

Crawley@ALDERAAN.SCRC.SYMBOLICS.COM (Eric S. Crawley) (03/09/89)

I called E.A. Brown to ask for a price on a memory upgrade for a 1040ST
and was disappointed to learn that they never finished the board for the
1040.  They still sell an upgrade for the 520ST.  Is there anyone out
there that has a board to upgrade a 1040ST to 2, 3, or 4 Megs?

gjh@otter.hpl.hp.com (Graham Higgins) (03/14/89)

I read an ad in a U.K. mag (STWorld) which offered 2.5 and 4 meg upgrades
(price on applciation)

Do you want more details?

Cheers,

Graham
======

Graham Higgins @ HP Labs      	|  Phone: (0272) 799910 x 24060
Information Systems Centre    	|  gray@hpl.hp.co.uk
Bristol                       	|  gray%hplb.uucp@ukc.ac.uk
U.K.                          	|  gray@hplb.hpl.hp.com

lharris@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu (Leonard Harris) (03/18/89)

In article <19890308162820.7.CRAWLEY@DJINN.SCRC.Symbolics.COM> Crawley@ALDERAAN.SCRC.SYMBOLICS.COM (Eric S. Crawley) writes:
>I called E.A. Brown to ask for a price on a memory upgrade for a 1040ST
>and was disappointed to learn that they never finished the board for the
>1040.  They still sell an upgrade for the 520ST.  Is there anyone out
>there that has a board to upgrade a 1040ST to 2, 3, or 4 Megs?

Datafree in Toronto sells a 2.5/4 meg upgrade board that works on 520, 520fm and
1040st machines.  There is a picture of it in the march ST world (i think) mag.
Very reliable, very high quality - call them at (416) 741-9825.
/leonard

Crawley@ALDERAAN.SCRC.Symbolics.COM (Eric S. Crawley) (03/22/89)

    Date: 14 Mar 89 11:21:52 GMT
    From: otter!gjh@hplabs.hp.com  (Graham Higgins)

    I read an ad in a U.K. mag (STWorld) which offered 2.5 and 4 meg upgrades
    (price on applciation)

    Do you want more details?

No thanks.  I found a 2.5 Meg upgrade for $139.95 (no RAMs included)
called EZ Ram II available from Terrific Corp. in Brookline, MA.  For
those interested, the serivce and ordering phone number is (617)
232-2317.  It is apparently available through other mail order outfits.