[comp.sys.atari.st] micromix.ii

logajan@pnet51.cts.com (John Logajan) (03/25/89)

ralph@laas.laas.fr (Ralph P. Sobek) writes:
>I got all the parts, but couldn't get it to work.  It would throw up
>it's screen stating that Micro-Mix II is loading, or some such.  Then

Micro-mix demo runs in low-resolution.  It assumes all files are on the A:
disk in the AUTO subdirectory.  It also has more data than can fit on a
single sided drive.  Since I only have a single sided drive, I chopped off
30,000 bytes from the Sample.spl file.

Micro-mix plays a song and does some graphics.  The function keys allow you to
insert "effects" into the playing song.  By runnng a shorter version of
sample.spl I experience a few missing effects and some gaps in the song.
But it works nicely otherwise.

UUCP: {amdahl!bungia, uunet!rosevax, chinet, killer}!orbit!pnet51!logajan
ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!logajan@nosc.mil
INET: logajan@pnet51.cts.com

leif%sosumi@Sun.COM (Leif Samuelsson) (03/28/89)

The sound part works fine on a monochrome machine but the
graphics is garbled.  Make sure you put all files in an AUTO
folder of an otherwise empty floppy.

WARNING: Don't put Micromix in the AUTO folder of your hard
disk or you will have severe problems booting GEM again.

---
Leif Samuelsson		leif@sun.com