[net.wanted] A C compiler for the CRAY-1A?

jon@boulder.UUCP (Jonathan Corbet) (10/08/85)

[]

	We are about to begin an effort to convince our computing division
to obtain a C compiler for the Cray-1A machines, but, before doing so, we
would like to know if such a compiler exists.  Does anybody out there know
where I could find such a thing?

	Many thanks,
			jon
--
Jonathan Corbet
National Center for Atmospheric Research, Field Observing Facility

olson@lasspvax.UUCP (Todd Olson) (10/14/85)

In article <409@boulder.UUCP> jon@boulder.UUCP (Jonathan Corbet) writes:
>	We are about to begin an effort to convince our computing division
>to obtain a C compiler for the Cray-1A machines, but, before doing so, we
>would like to know if such a compiler exists.  Does anybody out there know
>where I could find such a thing?
>--
>Jonathan Corbet
>National Center for Atmospheric Research, Field Observing Facility
>{seismo|hplabs}!hao!boulder!jon		(Thanks to CU CS department)

  While on a visit to Los Alamos National Labs I ran across a reference
to C under COS.  The document was
		The exportable Cray-1 Compiler
		       Richard Lee
			Bell Labs
		Murray Hill, New Jersey 07974

  I don't recall who was working on bringing it up under CTSS at LANL
but it was sort of working at LANL when I was there.

--
Todd Olson

ARPA: olson@lasspvax  -- or --  olson%lasspvax.tn.cornell.edu@cu-arpa
UUCP: {ihnp4,allegra,...}!cornell!lasspvax!olson
US Mail: Dept Physics, Clark Hall, Cornell University,
	 Ithaca, New York 14853-2501

dmk@lanl.ARPA (10/17/85)

[]
     I already replied to the original author, but there seems to be
even more interest.  Here at Los Alamos, Fred Cornwell and I are working
with Cray Research, Inc. to bring up the latest version of the Cray C
compiler.  It is a modified AT&T Portable C Compiler and in this version
they are just starting to put some optimization in.

                                   David Keaton
                                   C-10, MS B296
                                   Los Alamos National Laboratory
                                   Los Alamos, NM  87545