[comp.sys.atari.st] Memory Prices !!!

bdenh@caen.engin.umich.edu (Brian J Denheyer) (03/28/89)

Egads ! Imagine my surprise when I found that 256k chips were
12.00$ and up each (150 ns)!

This is not the place for it, but that semiconductor agreement was a
lot of garbage.  Now the Japanese, who still own 90% of the DRAM
market anyway, are making many $$$$$.

You know it's bad when 256K static ram prices are about the same as
the DRAM prices.

Well this kind of puts a damper on my memory expansion plans, but
thank you very much to all those who responded . And especially thanks
for the explanation as to why you can only add certain memory
increments at a time.  It seems that the Datafree memory board is the
favorite.  Now when RAM prices get back to being reasonable I can buy
one.

By the way does anybody have one of them there polydisks and how
do you like it ?

Brian "I can't believe how expensive DRAM's are" Denheyer

clf3678@ultb.UUCP (C.L. Freemesser) (03/28/89)

$12.00 for chips?  Where do you shop?  Grab a copy of Computer Shopper
and look for prices.  $12 is far too much for 256k chips.  The prices
I've seen are $8 or so for 120ns chips.

=cf=

tim@brspyr1.BRS.Com (Tim Northrup) (03/30/89)

From article <42477bea.17b59@bunting.engin.umich.edu>, by bdenh@caen.engin.umich.edu (Brian J Denheyer):

> Egads ! Imagine my surprise when I found that 256k chips were
> 12.00$ and up each (150 ns)!

WOW!

And I just paid $16.99 each for 1 Meg DRAMS!

	Fry's Electronics
		Fremont CA
		415-770-3700

(I don't work for 'em, just thought the price was right!)
--
Tim Northrup      		  +------------------------------------------+

Bob_BobR_Retelle@cup.portal.com (03/30/89)

Brian J. Denheyer writes:

>Egads ! Imagine my surprise when I found that 256k chips were
>12.00$ and up each (150 ns)!

>This is not the place for it, but that semiconductor agreement was a
>lot of garbage.

Hang onto your hat...   now they're trying to do the SAME thing to
3.5 inch floppy disks from Japan...

BobR