[comp.sys.atari.st] TRUE or FALSE ???

jlong@afit-ab.arpa (Jeffrey K. Long) (03/29/89)

I was hust told by local atari service guru that the atari host adaptor
board can only support a few specific drives and that it won't work with
any other brands or anything other than a 20 meg MFM or 30 Meg RLL drive
mechanism.  Is this true or false??  I was hoping to use the atari host
adaptor with an Adaptec 4000 with my CDC Wren-I drive (39 meg raw).

|   Jeff Long              jlong@blackbird.afit.af.mil  (ARPA net)         |
|   humble (and getting humbler by the day) graduate student;           |
|   The Air Force Institute of Techology  (what a great way of life??)  |

fgbrooks@pnet01.cts.com (Fred Brooks) (03/30/89)

jlong@afit-ab.arpa (Jeffrey K. Long) writes:
>I was hust told by local atari service guru that the atari host adaptor
>board can only support a few specific drives and that it won't work with
>any other brands or anything other than a 20 meg MFM or 30 Meg RLL drive
>mechanism.  Is this true or false??  I was hoping to use the atari host
>adaptor with an Adaptec 4000 with my CDC Wren-I drive (39 meg raw).

>|   Jeff Long              jlong@blackbird.afit.af.mil  (ARPA net)         |
>|   humble (and getting humbler by the day) graduate student;           |
>|   The Air Force Institute of Techology  (what a great way of life??)  |

I don't think so. I have used the atari host adapter with a few controllers
with good results with all. The only problem is the atari has a problem with
logical drive other that 0. It returns good for all drives whither they are
connected or not.

UUCP: {nosc ucsd hplabs!hp-sdd}!crash!pnet01!fgbrooks
ARPA: crash!pnet01!fgbrooks@nosc.mil
INET: fgbrooks@pnet01.cts.com