[comp.sys.atari.st] Releasing information

rjung@castor.usc.edu (Robert allen Jung) (04/02/89)

In article <1404@blake.acs.washington.edu> a360ad@blake.acs.washington.edu (Gnurr) writes:
>While I fully appreciate ATARI Sunnyvale's "reasoning" for non-disclosure
>of a product "before its time", I have to say that there must be a point
>in time when it is at least SAFE to say that products x and y will do this
>and that and will be available when.....
>
>There is no doubt in my mind that ATARI is loosing a lot of the market
>by keeping their mouths shut.  A friend recently bought an SE030 for
>$3500 (university discounted) that "appears" to fall far short of the
>ATW....

  Not to be interpreted as a flame or anything, but...

  About two years ago, everybody in the Atari world would flame Atari Corp.
for announcing stuff that never gets released. "Keep your mouth shut until
you deliver!", they'd cry. "You lose respectability that way!"

  Atari (finally  B-) wises up, takes the advice, and now we get messages like
the above. What did the wise man say about pleasing all of the people all of
the time?

  (I'm not an Atari cheerleader/zombie, but I think this is ridiculous!)

						--R.J.
						B-)

P.S. Personally, I prefer the new policy.

                 Disclaimer: This message was written with my authorization
      # ## #
      # ## #     Mailing address: rjung@nunki.usc.edu
     ## ## ##          (It's easier to just use the reply function, tho)