[comp.sys.atari.st] Double Sided Standard

dustinb@pro-freedom.cts.COM (Dustin Baughman) (03/31/89)

Hello everyone out there in Net Land,

     I read in a magazine article something that kind of bothered me.  It was
from a software company that said, "the reason we don't like to do software
for the ST/Mega is because they use a single-sided drive, and we don't want to
have to use four disks".  If these companies would look at the ST/MEGA a
little closer they would know that Double Sided drives ARE standard on the
ST/Mega.  There are several software companies which have had GREAT success
with the ST having software on Double Sided disks, most notably, Sierra.  I
guess what I'm trying to say is that we (ST/MEGA users) should write these
companies and give them support that we will BUY software on double-sided
disks!   (Are you listening Cinemaware?!?!)

                    Dustin Baughman, VANC. WA

fraga@faculty.cs.ubc.ca (Eric S Fraga) (04/03/89)

In article <8904011817.AA02678@crash.cts.com> trout.nosc.mil!pnet01!pro-sol!pro-newfrontier!pro-freedom!dustinb@labrea.stanford.edu writes:
>...  If these companies would look at the ST/MEGA a
>little closer they would know that Double Sided drives ARE standard on the
>ST/Mega. ...
>                    Dustin Baughman, VANC. WA

Whoa there!  DS drives may be standard now but the sure weren't
for the longest time...  I only have a single sided drive and I
definitely don't intend to get a double sided one -- any money I
invest will go to a hard disc at worst.

Mind you, I don't tend to buy much software so I guess it doesn't
really matter what I think... :-)   (I think I've bought one
software piece [Minix] in the last year or so).

eric

|Eric S Fraga, Department of Computer Science, University of British Columbia|
|phone: +1 604 228 4907, fraga@tennents.cs.ubc.ca | fraga@tennents.cs.ubc.cdn|