[comp.sys.atari.st] micromix.ii part16

logajan@ns.UUCP (John Logajan) (03/15/89)

Did anyone get part 16 of the micromix.ii demo destributed in
comp.binaries.atari.st ?

I got parts 1-15, but I need part 16 to complete the demo.  If anyone
has it, please send it -- thanks.

--
- John M. Logajan @ Network Systems; 7600 Boone Ave; Brooklyn Park, MN 55428  -
- ...rutgers!umn-cs!ns!logajan / logajan@ns.network.com / john@logajan.mn.org -

ralph@laas.laas.fr (Ralph P. Sobek) (03/23/89)

I got all the parts, but couldn't get it to work.  It would throw up
it's screen stating that Micro-Mix II is loading, or some such.  Then
it would hang and the cursor would blink in the middle of the screen.
Anybody have similar problems, or get it to work?  Mine's a monochrome
ST set at 50 lines.
--
Ralph P. Sobek			  Disclaimer: The above ruminations are my own.
ralph@laas.laas.fr			   Addresses are ordered by importance.

schock@cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Craig Schock) (03/24/89)

In article <313@laas.laas.fr>, ralph@laas.laas.fr (Ralph P. Sobek) writes:
> I got all the parts, but couldn't get it to work.  It would throw up
> it's screen stating that Micro-Mix II is loading, or some such.  Then
> it would hang and the cursor would blink in the middle of the screen.
> Anybody have similar problems, or get it to work?  Mine's a monochrome
> ST set at 50 lines.

Yes... I've been the same problems with Micro-Mix II.  I assume that it is
designed to work with a color monitor.  I'm going to test it with a color
monitor shortly to see if I get the same results.

Craig

ajy2208%ritcv@cs.rit.edu (03/24/89)

My roommate has Micro-Mix II and it works fine on his COLOR Mega ST2.
From the looks of it, I'd guess that it wouldn't run on a Monochrome
system, but I could be wrong.  He downloaded it from a local BBS as
one ARC file, so that doesn't eliminate the possibility that the version
on the net doesn't run properly..

But keep trying!  It's an awesome demo!!!!

  Albert Yarusso

  Bitnet: ajy22082@ritvax.bitnet
  Internet: ajy2208.ultb.rit.edu

ljdickey@water.waterloo.edu (Lee Dickey) (03/26/89)

In article <313@laas.laas.fr> ralph@laas.laas.fr (Ralph P. Sobek) writes
(about MM2):
>I got all the parts, but couldn't get it to work.

I had a similar problem.  I have a Mega ST 2, with monochrome monitor.
I had to reboot the system.

--
    L. J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Waterloo.
	ljdickey@water.UWaterloo.ca	ljdickey@water.BITNET

BRIGHT@AC.DAL.CA (BOB BRIGHT) (03/27/89)

>I got all the parts, but couldn't get it to work.  It would throw up
>it's screen stating that Micro-Mix II is loading, or some such.  Then
>it would hang and the cursor would blink in the middle of the screen.
>Anybody have similar problems, or get it to work?  Mine's a monochrome
>ST set at 50 lines.

Micro-Mix II decoded and ran fine for me (monochrome 520STfm).  Sounds
like you missed the note that said _everything_ has to go in an AUTO
folder for the program to run (otherwise you wouldn't be running in 50
line mode, right?).  So try putting everything in an AUTO folder and
rebooting.  The graphics are garbled in monochrome, but the digitized
sound is quite impressive.  Play around with the function keys, and with
the W, E, and R keys (I think) after you get it running.  BBB

Bob Bright <BRIGHT@DALAC.BITNET>
Philosophy Dept.
Dalhousie University
Halifax, NS  B3H 3J5  (902) 424-3810

koreth@ssyx.ucsc.edu (Steven Grimm) (03/27/89)

In article <2173@water.waterloo.edu> ljdickey@water.waterloo.edu (Lee Dickey) writes:
>In article <313@laas.laas.fr> ralph@laas.laas.fr (Ralph P. Sobek) writes
>(about MM2):
>>I got all the parts, but couldn't get it to work.
>I had a similar problem.  I have a Mega ST 2, with monochrome monitor.

Note the Keywords line from MM2:

                         ^^^

That means it will only work in low resolution.

laba-2he@web-3d.berkeley.edu (Oliver Juang) (04/03/89)

Can anyone upload Micro-Mix II to GEnie or at least give me a BBS number from
which I can pick up a copy?  I cannot use the one posted on the Net.  Thanks.

Lawrence Chiu