[comp.sys.atari.st] Mail order question

Friesen@PCO-MULTICS.HBI.HONEYWELL.COM (03/29/89)

Hello, I recieved my Byte a few days ago, and bundled with it was a mail
oder catalog from Jade Computer.  In the catalog they have the HP
Deskjet for $698!  I always thought that a Deskjet was too expensive for
me, but at this price I think I can afford it.  The question is, is Jade
Computer a reputable place?  Has anyone had any good/bad experiences
with them?

Aric Friesen

Addresses:

Genie:  A.FRIESEN

ARPA:  Friesen%PCO@BCO-MULTICS.ARPA

"Hypnotism; the programming language for people."

logajan@ns.network.com (John Logajan) (03/30/89)

Friesen@PCO-MULTICS.HBI.HONEYWELL.COM writes:
> The question is, is Jade
> Computer a reputable place?  Has anyone had any good/bad experiences
> with them?

I haven't bought anything from Jade for about five years, but then they seemed
to be okay.  They designed some of their own products, and they seemed to work
just fine. (I bought a 8" floppy controller for my S100 -- stone age -- but it
worked after I got a faulty controller chip replaced with no questions asked.)

Based on that experience, I would trust them again.

--
- John M. Logajan @ Network Systems; 7600 Boone Ave; Brooklyn Park, MN 55428  -
- ...rutgers!umn-cs!ns!logajan / logajan@ns.network.com / john@logajan.mn.org -

Xorg@cup.portal.com (Peter Ted Szymonik) (04/01/89)

I don't even think that is a good price for a Deskjet!  This summer here
in NYC you could get a new Deskjet for $549 with a trade-in of any old
printer or typewriter!

Pete

BUGGS@cup.portal.com (William Edward JuneJr) (04/02/89)

>>4/1/89 05:31 Xorg@cup.portal.com (Peter Ted Szymonik)
>>
>>I don't even think that is a good price for a Deskjet!  This summer here
>>in NYC you could get a new Deskjet for $549 with a trade-in of any old
>>printer or typewriter!
>>
>>Pete

Where?!! What's the place, #??!!

Ed June

Xorg@cup.portal.com (Peter Ted Szymonik) (04/04/89)

To prevent my mailbox from being jammed with letters, please note that
I stated the trade-in offer in the past tense (i.e. this summer.)  The
promotion ran out in December.  But prices for DeskJets from NYC mail
order houses are still reasonable and in the $625-675 range.

Peter Szymonik
Xorg@cup.portal.com