[comp.sys.atari.st] DBMAN 5, INPUT COMMAND, SUSPENDED FILES

CHIASSA@UDEM.BITNET (Alyre CHIASSON) (04/04/89)

 My knowledge of dBMAN 5 extends to only a few days but there
 appears to be a bug in the INPUT <PROMPT> TO <VAR> command. It
 truncates decimal numbers to intergers. This would appear to be a
 bug to me as they give "price" as a <VAR> in one of their sample
 problems. Any ideas? The GET command will get around this but it
 is not as convient in certain cases.

 Also I would really like to known how to get out of Err30, "Too
 many suspended program files". The manual says use <ResumePrg> or
 <KillPrg>. I have been unable to find any program with the prefix
 "Resume" or "Kill". I would really appreciate a solution as up
 until now I've been rebooting....not a great way to debug a
 program.

 Many thanks

root@yale.UUCP (Celray Stalk) (04/04/89)

In article <ID4654.D890403.T171227.CHIASSA@UDEM> CHIASSA@UDEM.BITNET (Alyre CHIASSON) writes:

> My knowledge of dBMAN 5 extends to only a few days but there
> appears to be a bug in the INPUT <PROMPT> TO <VAR> command. It
> truncates decimal numbers to intergers. This would appear to be a
> bug to me as they give "price" as a <VAR> in one of their sample
> problems. Any ideas?

I tried this and found the same thing.  If you add a "PICTURE" clause
to the command, you are even prompted for the fractional part, but
still the result is truncated to an integer.  It sure looks like a
bug.

> Also I would really like to known how to get out of Err30, "Too
> many suspended program files". The manual says use <ResumePrg> or
> <KillPrg>. I have been unable to find any program with the prefix
> "Resume" or "Kill".

<ResumePrg> and <KillPrg> are generic names for keys.  On the ST, they
are Control-R and Control-K respective.  See page 61 of the Supplemental
Manual that comes with dBMAN V.
| Michael Fischer                                |
|    Arpanet:    <fischer-michael@cs.yale.edu>   |
|    Bitnet:     <fischer-michael@yalecs.bitnet> |
|    UUCP:       <fischer-michael@yale.UUCP>     |