[comp.sys.atari.st] Screen Dump Stuff

UNCSPL@UNC.BITNET ("Scott P Leslie") (04/02/89)

Atari,
   Could someone there comment on whether the TOS 1.4 hangs for
30 seconds when ATL-HELP is inadvertantly pressed and the printer
is not ready?  By the way, what is the address of the vector for
screen dump routines?
--
Thanks for the concern,
Scott P. Leslie (UNCSPL@UNC)

walkerb@tramp.Colorado.EDU (Brian Walker) (04/02/89)

In article <8904012328.AA04233@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> UNCSPL@UNC.BITNET ("Scott P Leslie") writes:
>Atari,
>   Could someone there comment on whether the TOS 1.4 hangs for
>30 seconds when ATL-HELP is inadvertantly pressed and the printer
>is not ready?  By the way, what is the address of the vector for
>screen dump routines?

If you inadvertently press [alt-HELP], press it again.  pressing the key a
second time cancels the printer screen dump.  I'm not sure where I read it,
but it is a documented feature.

Brian Walkerb, University of Colorado at Boulder
walkerb@tramp.colorado.edu     ...!{ncar,nbires}!boulder!tramp!walkerb
There come a time in the history of every project when it becomes necessary
to shoot the engineers and begin production.

kbad@atari.UUCP (Ken Badertscher) (04/05/89)

In article <8904012328.AA04233@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> UNCSPL@UNC.BITNET ("Scott P Leslie") writes:
|Atari,
|   Could someone there comment on whether the TOS 1.4 hangs for
|30 seconds when ATL-HELP is inadvertantly pressed and the printer
|is not ready?

  The 30 second "hang" is a required timeout for dot matrix printers.
Yes, TOS 1.4 still does it, because it is necessary.  Even if you press
ALT-HELP a second time to cancel the screendump, the print screen routine
will do the timeout.

--
 Ken Badertscher                 | #include <disclaimer>
 Atari R&D                       | No pith, just a path: