[comp.sys.atari.st] 1st word to text PD converter

sethk@sco.COM (Seth I Katz) (04/06/89)

Hi

I seem to remember a public domain First Word to normal text
converter posted here about a year ago. The idea is that it would
make my First Word file readable with the desktop show text option
and, in the long run, make my First Word files printable on my XENIX/UNIX
system at work.

Note that I know First word saves to a text file, the problem is that
all the words are run together.

If anyone has that hummer, could ya send it to me, or repost it?
Thanks!
--
                    "...that hungry little dachshund!
              She was a winner that became a doggie's dinner..."   nick lowe

      uunet!sco!sethk                           sethk@sco.COM

markov@ruuinf.cs.ruu.nl (dr.m.h. overmars) (04/06/89)

In article <2254@viscous.sco.COM>, sethk@sco.COM (Seth I Katz) writes:

> I seem to remember a public domain First Word to normal text
> converter posted here about a year ago.
... Stuff deleted ...

First Word does this so you don't need a converter. Simply load your file,
switch off WP-mode and save the file (you will be warned). Better make a copy
of your old file if you still need it in 1STWord format.

Mark Overmars                                                  |\/|
Dept. of Comp. Science, University of Utrecht,                 |  |ark
P.O. Box 80.089, 3508 TB Utrecht, the Netherlands    E-mail: hp4nl!ruuinf!markov