[comp.sys.atari.st] Tempus, Tempus-Word

I0908@DKAFHS1.BITNET (04/08/89)

Date: 08 April 1989, 14:51:30 SET
From: Cornelius Caesar                               I0908    at DKAFHS1
To:   info-atari16 at score.stanford.edu

John Morton wrote:
> My biggest gripe about Tempus is that there is apparently no way to
> change the level of indentation of a block.  This would seem to be
> a very important function to the structured programmer who doesn't
> do everything right the first time.

> Or does someone out there know how to do this?

> John
> jmorton+newton.berkeley.edu
> 2decvax,cbosgdx|ucbvax|newton|jmorton

It *is* possible to copy blocks of text right or left in TEMPUS.
However, you need version 2.0, not some of the older 1.x. It is a
new feature. I don't recall the command now, look at the documentation.
BTW: Tempus 2.0 is great. For example: What do you think about
a character conversion table which allows you to change any (or all)
of the 256 possible different chars into any other one in the whole text
at once? (O.K., it needs a second for a *big* file.)
The newest version of Tempus as I know is 2.05 (contains some bug fixes).

Someone asked for infos about Tempus-Word:
I saw an article stating the following (please excuse poor translation):
Some features: looks like Tempus, has password locking, full keyboard
control, proportional fonts with block formatting (I can't explain it
better), footnotes, layout definitions for paragraphs, pages, etc.,
graphic inclusions, background printing, calculations within the text,
and much more. Tempus-Word comes into regions of simple DTP. Quality
of printing may be choosen between draft and high quality graphic like
that SIGNUM uses. It is still fast and configurable for own needs.
Includes a font editor.
Price: DM 648,- (i.e. around $ 350 currently).
Availability: End of the year.

Cornelius Caesar        - BITNET: I0908 at DKAFHS1
Fachhochschule Karlsruhe, West Germany