[comp.sys.atari.st] ST Magazines 'Round the World

terrell@druhi.ATT.COM (TerrellE) (04/11/89)

Many thanks to the net people that have furnished the following addresses
of editorial departments of foreign (to me) ST magazines.  Does anyone have
additional entries to the list?  Are their on-line ST magazines abroad as
there are here in the States?

Thanks in advance:

Eric Terrell (att!druhi!terrell)

***** Great Britain *****

Not to be confused with the newspaper "ST World" published
in Roseburg, Oregon, which had the name "ST World" first,
there is the British magazine:

ST World Magazine
Gollner Publishing Ltd
First Floor
10 Theatre Lane
Chichester
West Sussex
Great Britain PO19 1SR

Atari ST User
Database Publications
Europa House
Adlington Park
Adlington
Macclesfield
SK10 4NP

The ST Club
9 Sutton Place
49 Stoney St.
Nottingham

***** Canada *****

The Canadian publication, "RESET Magazine" subtitled
"The ST Almanac", gives this address:

	RESET Magazine
	Submissions
	88C Jamie Avenue
	Nepean, Ont
	Canada K2E 6T6
	(613) 723-0264

I think this is (was?) a pretty good rag, and was buying it,
even though the name "Reset" has a negative connotation for me
(I only reset my machine when something is gone wrong), But, I
have not seen the thing for some while.  It may have folded.

***** France *****

ST Magazine,
Pressimage,
210,rue du Faubourg St Martin,
75010 Paris
FRANCE,

Note that this is a French language magazine. It is not 100% ST specific
due to French law -- its postal rates would go up sharply were it otherwise,
--- but it is 90%+ specific.

***** Sweden *****

Svenska Hemdator Nytt
Box 152,448 01 Floda
Sweden

***** Norway *****

ST-klubben (disk-magazin)
Box 290
N-6151 0rsta
Norway

silvert@cs.dal.ca (Bill Silvert) (04/12/89)

In article <4135@druhi.ATT.COM> terrell@druhi.ATT.COM (TerrellE) writes:
>The Canadian publication, "RESET Magazine" subtitled
>"The ST Almanac", gives this address:

>I think this is (was?) a pretty good rag, and was buying it,
>even though the name "Reset" has a negative connotation for me
>(I only reset my machine when something is gone wrong), But, I
>have not seen the thing for some while.  It may have folded.

According to my dealer, it has.  Pity, it was very good.  The issue on
DTP was really useful, and I still use it as a reference on Publishing
Partner (which I still use, since I have yet to receive a usable version
of PageStream -- anybody know anything about what SoftLogik is up to
nowadays?).

--
Bill Silvert, Habitat Ecology Division.
Bedford Institute of Oceanography, Dartmouth, NS, Canada B2Y 4A2

terrell@druhi.ATT.COM (TerrellE) (04/18/89)

Here's the current "ST Magazines Around the World" list.  Please send
any additions to me (att!druhi!terrell).

Thanks in advance,

Eric Terrell

***** Germany *****

ST (68000er) Magazin
Markt & Technik Verlag

(US Address):     Markt & Technik Publishing Inc.,
                  501 Galveston Drive,
                  Redwood City, CA 94063
                  Phone: (415) 366-3600

(German Address): Markt & Technik Verlag
                  Hans-Pinsel-Str. 2
                  D-8013 Haar bei Muenchen
                  W.-Germany

Atari ST Computer
Heim Verlag,
Heidelberger Landstr. 194
D-6100 Darmstadt 13
W.-Germany
Tel.: (+49) 6151-56057

***** Great Britain *****

ST World Magazine
Gollner Publishing Ltd
First Floor
10 Theatre Lane
Chichester
West Sussex
Great Britain PO19 1SR

Atari ST User
Database Publications
Europa House
Adlington Park
Adlington
Macclesfield
SK10 4NP

The ST Club
9 Sutton Place
49 Stoney St.
Nottingham

***** Canada *****

RESET Magazine
Submissions
88C Jamie Avenue
Nepean, Ont
Canada K2E 6T6
(613) 723-0264

jlemon@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Jonathan Lemon) (04/19/89)

In article <4160@druhi.ATT.COM> terrell@druhi.ATT.COM (TerrellE) writes:

>Here's the current "ST Magazines Around the World" list.  Please send
>any additions to me (att!druhi!terrell).

Are any of these translated to English?  I'd love to get a subscription
to the German c't magazine, from what I've heard about it.
--
Jonathan   ...ucbvax!cory!jlemon    or    jlemon@cory.Berkeley.EDU