[comp.sys.atari.st] Seagate 296N Hard Drives

BHOLMES@WAYNEST1.BITNET (Brian Holmes) (05/03/89)

I just got a 296N Hard Drive with version 8 ROMs and I formatted
it with 1:1 interleave.  I ordered the drive from tech-specialities.
I also got a 2meg upgrade from them.  It took almost 8 weeks to arrive,
but everything is working fine so far.  Needless to say, tech-specialities
is very slow!  Just thought I would post a little blurb on my recent
purchase, and because some people are having problems with 296N drives.
                                             Brian
Acknowledge-To: Brian Holmes <BHOLMES@WAYNEST1>

bissiri@blake.acs.washington.edu (Moja Fritzah) (05/03/89)

In article <8905022036.AA21260@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> BHOLMES@WAYNEST1.BITNET (Brian Holmes) writes:
>I just got a 296N Hard Drive with version 8 ROMs and I formatted
>it with 1:1 interleave.  I ordered the drive from tech-specialities.
>I also got a 2meg upgrade from them.  It took almost 8 weeks to arrive,
>but everything is working fine so far.  Needless to say, tech-specialities
Have you run rate programs on the drive?
I and others churned out 56K/s with 1:1
Less than 2 pics/sec.
Please post to net your results..
ALso, which host are you using?