[comp.sys.atari.st] Metafont directories

BHOLMES@WAYNEST1.BITNET (Brian Holmes) (04/27/89)

Is there an environment variable I can set to specify
where *.mf files are going to be?  If not, what is
the directory they have to be in?  I have VIRMF.TTP
and *.MF files in the same directory, but I keep getting
a message saying PLAIN couldn't be found.  PLAIN.MF is there.

                                 Thanks in advance!

*    Brian Holmes                  \    /                ___      *
*    Wayne State University         \/\/su              |   |     *
*    Detroit Michigan                               ____|   |____ *
*                                                   |   |   |   | *
*  BITNET   : BHOLMES@WAYNEST1                      |   |   |   | *
*  INTERNET : Brian_Holmes@UM.CC.UMICH.EDU          |   |   |   | *
*  UUCP     : {UMIX|ITIVAX}!WAYNE-MTS!BRIAN_HOLMES  ============= *
Acknowledge-To: Brian Holmes <BHOLMES@WAYNEST1>

dgy@sigmast.UUCP (Dave Yearke) (05/04/89)

In article <8904271152.AA08710@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> BHOLMES@WAYNEST1.BITNET (Brian Holmes) writes:
>Is there an environment variable I can set to specify
>where *.mf files are going to be?

After running 'strings' on VIRMF.TTP I found the following environment
variables:  MFINPUTS, MFEDITOR, MFBASE, and MFPOOL.  Try setting them
to some appropriate value and try again.

--
                Dave Yearke, Sigma Systems Technology, Inc.
                   5813 Main St, Williamsville, NY 14221