[comp.sys.atari.st] word processor: REGENTWORD

shawl@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (05/05/89)

In article <1019@hydra.cs.Helsinki.FI>, viljanen@kreeta.cs.Helsinki.FI (Lea Viljanen) writes:
> I need a good word processor. I've been using 1st Word+ (somewhat old
> version), but lately some of its bugs/features have started to annoy me.
>
> Anyway, here's what I need.
>
> 	1) PostScript support.
> 	   I don't have a good printer, but I can use the University
> 	   PS-laser. 1ST2PS has been enough for now.
>
> 	2) Ability to import pictures.
> 	   I need to draw some graphs for my work and I need to import
> 	   them into my text. Preferably DEGAS or some other common format.
>
> 	3) Easy to use interface. I don't like PC WordPerfect...
>
> 	4) Plus all the normal word processor stuff (justify, selectable
> 	   line spacing, bold & italics etc.).
>
> Any suggestions about a good word processor, which meets these requirements?

Although I have no first hand knowledge of the latest version
(i.e. I have not used the latest version), REGENTWORD from REGENT SOFTWARE
may be what you want.  They are at PO Box 14628, Long Beach, CA 90803
(Phone 213-439-9664; FAX 213-434-2310).  The early version I've used
(only a little) was easy to use.  I'd be interested in hearing from
anyone who has used the latest version (whatever number that may be).

I have no connection with REGENT SOFTWARE (other than contact with them
about REGENT BASE).

Steve Shawl
BITNET:  shawl@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
SPAN  :  kuphsx::shawl