[comp.sys.atari.st] DM Cheating

sfn20715@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (05/01/89)

I have been playing Dungeon Master recently, and have had just about enuf
of it.  Its time to cheat.  Anyway, I spent all of last night trying to,
damaging all of my save files in the process, and only raising one of
my char's mana by about 15.
Has anyone out there written a program that allows cheating by editing
save files?  Or does anyone know what the correct format of a save file
is, or even what kind of encryption scheme it uses?
Perhaps someone would be willing to send me a copy of their characters
saved just before they win the game; that's all I want to see!

steve@pnet51.cts.com (Steve Yelvington) (05/02/89)

sfn20715@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>I have been playing Dungeon Master recently, and have had just about enuf
>of it.  Its time to cheat.  Anyway, I spent all of last night trying to,
>damaging all of my save files in the process, and only raising one of
>my char's mana by about 15.
>Has anyone out there written a program that allows cheating by editing
>save files?  Or does anyone know what the correct format of a save file
>is, or even what kind of encryption scheme it uses?
>Perhaps someone would be willing to send me a copy of their characters
>saved just before they win the game; that's all I want to see!

E. Arthur Brown Co., a mail-order firm in Minnesota, has a number of Dungeon
Master items in its most recent catalog:

Dungeon Master game
280-202 .........$24.95

Dungeon Master Editor
280-667 .........$19.95      (sounds like what you're looking for)

Dungeon Master Hint Disk
280-250 .........$14.95

Dungeon Master Guidebook
127-379 .........$ 9.95

Lost Scrolls of Anais (book)
430-400 .........$ 9.95

These numbers are for the ST versions. Shipping is extra. They do accept Visa
and Master Card, and they will ship to Canada (I don't know about Europe).
Their telephone number is 612-762-8847.
Address: E. Arthur Brown Co., 3404 Pawnee Drive, Alexandria, MN 56308.

(usual disclaimers apply.)

/*
 * UUCP: {uunet!rosevax,amdahl!bungia,chinet,killer}!orbit!thelake!steve
 * ARPA: crash!orbit!thelake!steve@nosc.mil
 * #member <STdNET> The ST Developers Network
 */

In article <1059@orbit.UUCP> steve@pnet51.cts.com (Steve Yelvington) writes:
>E. Arthur Brown Co., a mail-order firm in Minnesota, has a number of Dungeon
>Master items in its most recent catalog:
 	[items deleted]

And there is a complete set of Maps (which includes all spells as well)
for only $5 (postage included) available from me.

--Chuck McManis
"A most excellent barbarian ... Genghis Kahn!"