[comp.sys.atari.st] Need more info on French ST magaqzine

andre@mimsy.UUCP (Andre Tits) (05/01/89)

Recently Eric Terrell (terrell@druhi.att.com) posted a list of
ST magazines around the world, including the following

	***** France *****

	ST Magazine,
	Pressimage,
	210,rue du Faubourg St Martin,
	75010 Paris
	FRANCE,

A friend of mine in France contacted Pressimage.  The person he
talked to did not know anything about a magazine
on the ST (their main business seems to be movie related).
Would anyone have any more info on this, such as the name of a
contact person ? (Eric Terrel told me he does not.) Thanks for any lead.

Andre Tits
andre@cacse.src.umd.edu

fjmora@CS.WM.EDU (Fredric Mora) (05/09/89)

In message dated 1 May 89 12:37:39 GMT, Andre Tits writes:

>Recently Eric Terrell (terrell@druhi.att.com) posted a list of
>ST magazines around the world, including the following
>
>    ***** France *****
>
>    ST Magazine,
>    Pressimage,
>    210, rue du Faubourg St Martin,
>    75010 Paris
>    FRANCE,
>
>A friend of mine in France contacted Pressimage.  The person he
>talked to did not know anything about a magazine
>on the ST (their main business seems to be movie related).
>Would anyone have any more info on this, such as the name of a
>contact person ? (Eric Terrel told me he does not.) Thanks for any lead.

Huh? What are you talking about? I _subscribe_ to ST-Magazine. I confirm
the address. The phone number is  (33) 1 42 49 56 29
                                 ^  ^
                              __/    \___  33 is int'l code for France
                      Dial for
                      international
                      before this number

Are you sure your friend contacted the right phone number? Seems to
me that he got lost in the thick mysteries of the French dialing system.
I don't know the name of a contact person, but if you don't speak French,
try a slow English with a British accent, they usually understand it.

ST-Mag is quite good and offers both beginner and advanced discussions
about C, 68000 assm, Pascal, GEM, GFA Basic, and other technical details.
Hardware and software reviews are frequent and correct.
Each issue is about 150 pages and contains... interesting... art work
that I would describe as typically French, based on a red-hair pin-up
and a blue teddy bear. But this is still "soft", not "hard"! (:-)
The French mail service is a real rip-off and foreign subscriptions are
quite expensive. In fact, it's cheaper in France to buy ST-Mag at newstands
than to subscribe!!! Why, sending an airmail letter from France to the
USA costs almost a dollar!

Regards,

     Frederic Mora                              GEnie:
     The College of William and Mary            F.MORA
     Dept. of Computer Science                  INTERNET:
     Williamsburg, VA. 23185                    fjmora@cs.wm.edu
     USA

  * "Was uns nicht toetet, macht uns staerker."                            *
  *                                              Friedrich Nietzsche       *
  *  What does not kill us makes us stronger                               *

- Come, come, little line eater, I won't harm you (evil grin)...