[comp.sys.atari.st] Problems with Metafont for the ST

BHOLMES@WAYNEST1.BITNET (Brian Holmes) (05/03/89)

Has anyone, besides John Dunning who ported Metafont, been able
to get it working on their ST?  I set it up with the environment
variables defined in GULAM, but I keep getting the message saying
cannot find PLAIN base file.  I got Metafont and CM_MF.ARC from
comp.binaries.atari.st.  If anyone has had success, could you
send me or post to the group, what directories you put everything
in, and what environment variables you used.  From running Metafont
this is version 1.5.  HELP!!
                                     Brian
Acknowledge-To: Brian Holmes <BHOLMES@WAYNEST1>

dav@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (William David Haas) (05/09/89)

In article <8905022041.AA21525@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> BHOLMES@WAYNEST1.BITNET (Brian Holmes) writes:
>Has anyone, besides John Dunning who ported Metafont, been able
>comp.binaries.atari.st.  If anyone has had success, could you
Unarc CM_MF.ARC and you will find the PLAIN.MF and PLAIN.BAS files.