[comp.sys.atari.st] HELP!!! connecting VCR to SC1224 color monitor

jtang@orion.cf.uci.edu ( James ) (05/09/89)

Let me clearfy my self and repost my question.  What I want to do is this:

I have a SC1224 color monitor, a VCR, but I don't have a Color TV.  So, I
want to be able to get my SC1224 color monitor to act as a TV and the VCR
act as a tunning device.  Therefore, I need to know some way to get this
to work.  Is there anybody out there who is knowledgable in electronics??

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thanks!!!!

Usenet: jtang@orion.cf.uci.edu
Bitnet: JWTang@UCIVMSA.BITNET

clf3678@ultb.UUCP (C.L. Freemesser) (05/11/89)

In article <1885@orion.cf.uci.edu> jtang@orion.cf.uci.edu (   James   ) writes:

>Let me clearfy my self and repost my question.  What I want to do is this:
>
>I have a SC1224 color monitor, a VCR, but I don't have a Color TV.  So, I
>want to be able to get my SC1224 color monitor to act as a TV and the VCR
>act as a tunning device.  Therefore, I need to know some way to get this
>to work.  Is there anybody out there who is knowledgable in electronics??
>
>PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thanks!!!!

I am certainly no genius with non-computer uses of the Atari monitor,
but I don't think you can use the monitor with a VCR.  You need a color
composite monitor for the VCR, and the ST monitor is an analog RGB
monitor.

If you can find a way to turn the composite signals of the VCR into the
analog signals of the monitor, you MIGHT be able to get it to work.
However, I don't know how one would go about doing this.

=cf=