[comp.sys.atari.st] FIDO to STadel gateway

to_stdnet@stag.UUCP (05/12/89)

From: stag!thelake!steve@bungia.mn.org (Steve Yelvington)

Jim Kershner, sysop of The Land, has written software that can reformat
Fidonet messages into a standard Internet format that can be merged into
the STadel BBS database.

It can be seen running at his BBS at 513-254-6811 (3/12/2400) in Dayton,
Ohio, USA.

Here is some information digested from messages he entered in the Citadel
network Atari ST room:

From: ur-lord@The_Land
Subject: Re: FIDO<-->STadel

FIDOGate-ST V1.0 will be available for d/l'ing from The_Land tonight. NOTE:
This is a one-way deal for now since STadel doesn't support TO: fields.......

Pat@Bauhaus
           Actually, I have all of the files that I need for BINKLEY. I've
already written my own UNPACKER for the *.PKT files yesterday...  I don't
carry the Atari_ST echo here. My feed doesn't get it.  The_Land's FIDO Address
is 1:110/200.......

Alcyone,
         FIDOGate simply takes FIDO *.MSG files and converts them to *.X and
*.D files which UUCALL can then place in the STadel MessageBase. To pick up
the messages from a FIDO system you use something along the lines of FrontDoor
or Binkley. Both of which are available for D/L'ing fron The_Land. FrontDoor
is IMHO the best of the two and is what I use everyday....

/*
 * UUCP: {uunet!rosevax,amdahl!bungia,chinet,killer}!orbit!thelake!steve
 * ARPA: crash!orbit!thelake!steve@nosc.mil
 * #member <STdNET> The ST Developers Network
 */