[comp.sys.atari.st] BBS Networking

MCCABE@MTUS5.BITNET (05/16/89)

Date:    16 May 89, 00:21:58 EST
From:    Jim McCabe                                     MCCABE   at MTUS5
To:      INFO-ATARI16 at SCORE.STANFORD.EDU
Subject: BBS Networking

With all this talk of STadel <-> FIDOnet file conversion, I'm hoping
there are a few people out there who can point me to where the
actual networking software is!

From what I've seen of STadel, it does some networking of its own,
plus being able to handle UUCP-style files, correct?  Okay, now
where can I get my paws on the ST FIDOnet implementation?
I've been working on a BBS almost since before the dawn of time,
and would like to be able to just hitch a ride on an existing
network rather than reinventing the wheel (and probably creating
a rather squarish one in the process)!

Now that we've got a good multitasking kernel (MX2), all I need
is the network...  Is the FIDO software even PD?

I would love to hear about any BBS networking programs that are
out there that can be used in conjunction with other BBS software.
Honest, ANY info at all, even random babblings, will be greeted
at my mailbox with thanks...

                                                Jim McCabe
                                                MCCABE @ MTUS5.BITNET

BUGGS@cup.portal.com (William Edward JuneJr) (05/18/89)

I use Binkley Term ST for Fido capability. It is used as frontend for FoReM ST
 I also have ditty called Star-Gate that manages the Fido mail.
I too would like to see STdel.

Steve, I've tried email to you but it bounces back! I thought I saw a post from
 you sayin' you were gonna post it on Delphi?

Ed June