[comp.sys.atari.st] Task Switching...

roman@jupiter.ucsc.edu (Roman Baker) (05/24/89)

I am recently enrolled in an assembly language class here at my University
and I have been doing alot of my work under PC Ditto, but all of the editors
are really slow under the emulation.  I also have this program called K-Switch
which is a task switcher to let me toggle back and forth between two  different
programs in memory.  What I would ideally like to do is edit my program files
with an ST editor (I'm using Pedit now, any suggestions for a better one?) and
then switch back to the PC emulation for compilation and binding.  The problem
is that the current switcher I have now is apparently disabled by PC Ditto.
I was wondering if anyone out there has another such program that may work
like I need it to?

Also, I have been hearing alot about a program called BIGSCREEN.PRG and
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could possibly FTP this program?

All help is greatly appreciated.  Thank You.

	      Roman Baker
	      roman@jupiter.ucsc.edu

apratt@atari.UUCP (Allan Pratt) (05/26/89)

In article <7623@saturn.ucsc.edu> roman@jupiter.ucsc.edu (Roman Baker) writes:
> The problem
> is that the current switcher I have now is apparently disabled by PC Ditto.

PC-Ditto is not a task, it's a whole environment.  In order to do what it does,
it has to take over the whole machine.  That's why it clobbers your switcher.

Try learning assembly language on the 68000 instead!  :-)