[comp.sys.atari.st] Atari Awards

01659@AECLCR.BITNET (Greg Csullog) (05/19/89)

Atari Canada ads in newspapers point out the ST's selection as 'Computer of
the Year'. I feel that Atari Corp should give awards to individuals or
companies that have done the most in any year to advance the use of STs.

Awards should be:

1. Best Commercial Product (hardware or software) $10,000
2. Best Public Domain Product  $10,000
3. Runners Up to 1. and 2. 20 * $1,000

This is small $$$ to Atari but a worthwhile incentive to developers.

For category 1., I nominate Dave Small (Spectre GCR) as first choice and
Dan Wilga (NeoDesk) as second choice. For category 2., my hands down favourite
is Simon Poole (Uniterm; hell, I wrote this on a CYBER using UNITERM). Atari
should run a balloting campaign through mags like STWorld, ST-Log, Antic,
Explorer, etc. and let the ST buying public decide. Wadda ya think NETters?

obryan@gumby.cc.wmich.edu (Mark O'Bryan) (05/24/89)

In article <8905191623.AA00378@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>, 01659@AECLCR.BITNET (Greg Csullog) writes:
> Atari Canada ads in newspapers point out the ST's selection as 'Computer of
> the Year'. I feel that Atari Corp should give awards to individuals or
> companies that have done the most in any year to advance the use of STs.

Sounds like a great idea to me.  And it would be a dirt cheap way for
Atari to get a lot of favorable publicity and good PR.  Why don't you
drop a note to Sig Hartmann, or one of the Tramiels?

--
Mark T. O'Bryan                 Internet:  obryan@gumby.cc.wmich.edu
Western Michigan University

stowe@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (Fox in Sox) (05/27/89)

In article <732@gumby.cc.wmich.edu> obryan@gumby.cc.wmich.edu (Mark O'Bryan) writes:
 >In article <8905191623.AA00378@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>, 01659@AECLCR.BITNET (Greg Csullog) writes:
 >> Atari Canada ads in newspapers point out the ST's selection as 'Computer of
 >> the Year'. I feel that Atari Corp should give awards to individuals or
 >> companies that have done the most in any year to advance the use of STs.
 >
 >Sounds like a great idea to me.  And it would be a dirt cheap way for
 >Atari to get a lot of favorable publicity and good PR.  Why don't you
 >drop a note to Sig Hartmann, or one of the Tramiels?

I like this idea a lot, also.  In fact, we could do it without Atari Corp
if we wanted... kind of like the "People's Choice" awards.  Wouldn't be
a lot of fortune, but we can offer fame and some nice warm fuzzies for
our developers.

UUCP:  rutgers!indycms.bitnet!ihls400
GEnie:  HS
Bitnet:  IHLS400@INDYCMS
Arpanet:  ihls400%indycms.bitnet@(wherever you like)
Internet:  stowe@silver.bacs.indiana.edu
The secret to happiness is how well you cope with Plan B.