[comp.sys.atari.st] Ataris, can they Break?

nims@accuvax.nwu.edu (Chris Nims) (05/25/89)

Can anyone tell me if any of the ST telecomm software is able to send a
Break? I want to be able to hook my ST up to a PACX line, but I need
to send a break....any ideas at all?

Christopher D. Nims
Northwestern University

Inet: nims@accuvax.nwu.edu

glenne@hpnmdla.HP.COM (Glenn Elmore) (05/25/89)

FLASH can. I think shift-control-home or something like that does it.
It's buried somewhere in the back of the book.

Glenn Elmore -N6GN-

N6GN @ K3MC
glenn@n6gn.norcal.ampr.org
glenne@hpnmd.hp.com

jeff@quark.WV.TEK.COM (Jeff Beadles) (05/26/89)

In article <724@accuvax.nwu.edu> nims@accuvax.nwu.edu (Chris Nims) writes:

>Can anyone tell me if any of the ST telecomm software is able to send a
>Break? I want to be able to hook my ST up to a PACX line, but I need
>to send a break....any ideas at all?

Well, I use flash for most of my day-to-day telcom  stuff.  Flash can not
send a break directly, but it can run an external program.  I've got one
called 'sendbrk.tos' that I can run from within Flash.  (Hit insert, and
type 'ex sendbrk.tos')  It works nicely.

	-Jeff

--
Jeff Beadles		Utek Sustaining Engineering, Tektronix Inc.
jeff@quark.WV.TEK.COM

ritchie@hpldola.HP.COM (Dave Ritchie) (05/27/89)

  Uniterm will send breaks.
			Dave

kibo@pawl.rpi.edu (James 'Kibo' Parry) (05/27/89)

In article <810012@hpnmdla.HP.COM> glenne@hpnmdla.HP.COM (Glenn Elmore) writes:

>FLASH can. I think shift-control-home or something like that does it.
>It's buried somewhere in the back of the book.

In Flash, it's Shift-Clr/Home (no Control needed.) for a long break.

UniTerm has two Alt-key "break" commands -- one for a short, and one for
a long break...

james "kibo" parry             | All colors are arbitrary...
kibo%pawl.rpi.edu@itsgw.rpi.edu (internet)
userfe0n@rpitsmts (bitnet)     | Anything I say represents the opinion of
kibo%mts.rpi.edu@itsgw.rpi.edu | myself and not this computer.

wardlaw@ucrmath.UCR.EDU (Johnie Wardlaw) (05/28/89)

The correct sequence for generating a BREAK signal in flash is a shifted
"Clr/Home" key.

I have been using Flash for three years with no problems.

-- Johnie Wardlaw

|INTERNET| wardlaw@ucrmath.ucr.edu |
|  UUCP  | ucsd!ucrmath!wardlaw    |   "If that was foreplay, I'm a dead man!"
|==SLOW==| 3971 Witt Avenue        |
|==MAIL==| Riverside, CA  92501    |           Alien Sex Scene - Cocoon
| PHONE  | (714) 682-9859          |