[comp.sys.atari.st] Rsconf in TOS 1.4

hofer@urz.unibas.ch ("Remo Hofer") (06/02/89)

Some documentation about TOS 1.4 says:
Rsconf(-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1) does return the old values of USART registers.
(That was true for all TOS versions, but wasn't documented)
Rsconf(-2,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1) does return the old value for the baud rate.
(That is only true for TOS 1.4)
Does this mean that you can inquire all settings of the RS232 except
the setting of the handshake? I think, it would be nice, if we could inquire
the handshake settings. Any comments? Maybe somebody at Atari?

Remo Hofer
hofer@urz.unibas.ch

apratt@atari.UUCP (Allan Pratt) (06/06/89)

In article <374*hofer@urz.unibas.ch> hofer@urz.unibas.ch ("Remo Hofer") writes:
> Some documentation about TOS 1.4 says:
> Rsconf(-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1) does return the old values of USART registers.
> (That was true for all TOS versions, but wasn't documented)
> Rsconf(-2,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1) does return the old value for the baud rate.
> (That is only true for TOS 1.4)
> Does this mean that you can inquire all settings of the RS232 except
> the setting of the handshake? I think, it would be nice, if we could inquire
> the handshake settings. Any comments? Maybe somebody at Atari?
>
> Remo Hofer
> hofer@urz.unibas.ch

That would have been a good idea, but it's too late for TOS 1.4.  Sorry.
I regret that so much of TOS is done piecemeal, and I regret further
having contributed to that, but that's the way it is sometimes.