[comp.sys.atari.st] Where is Tex?

MBERNAR@ERENJ.BITNET (Marcelino Bernardo) (06/07/89)

Where is Tex or other variants of this typesetting program?  I'm a fairly
new ST user, and I would like to get an ST version of this software.

One specific thing I'd like to do is to print out the Tex version of
Uniterm documentation.

Regards,
Marcelino Bernardo

kbrowne@orchid.waterloo.edu (Keith D. Browne) (06/07/89)

In article <8906061835.AA20310@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> MBERNAR@ERENJ.BITNET (Marcelino Bernardo) writes:

>Where is Tex or other variants of this typesetting program?  I'm a fairly
>new ST user, and I would like to get an ST version of this software.

I believe there are one or more commercial packages available, and there's
at least one PD implementation (I got mine downloaded from the Atari forum
on CompuServe).

The only problem is, I have a 520 upgraded to 1 meg of memory, with only the
internal drive.  TeX will _barely_ run on such a system, but the only
DVI programs I have are DVIST (preview on the monochrome monitor) and DVIEPS
(for an Epson-compatible printer).  Wouldn't ya know it?  I've got a Tandy
DMP 106 and a colour monitor.

If anybody out there knows of a DVI module for the DMP 106, or has the original
source for the DVIEPS program (I believe the Epson and my printer are
functionally similar but use different codes, and I'd be willing to take a
crack at modifying it source-wise into a DVIDMP program), please let me know.
Thanks!

----------- If U(W) cared about my opinions, they'd be paying _me_. -----------
Keith D. Browne, Lowly CS Undergrad
(and Loyal Servant of The Computer)