[comp.sys.atari.st] Problems: BIGSCRN1.1

roman@jupiter.ucsc.edu (Roman Baker) (06/06/89)

I got the bigscreen posting from this newsgroup and when I tried to
uudecode it, it gave me a message saying "short file"
The arced program it produced has a bad header and it does not work.  Has
anyone else had such a problem?  Help!

       Roman Baker
       roman@jupiter.ucsc.edu

jlong@blackbird.afit.af.mil (Jeffrey K. Long) (06/11/89)

I too had "short-file" problems with bigscreen1.1 until I d/l the uuencoded
file and used Dumas' UUD.TTP on it.  It "decoded" ok, and then the arc
shell 'de-arced" it, but when I try to run it (on a color monitor) it
installs and then locks up until I reboot!!

|   Jeff Long              jlong@blackbird.afit.af.mil  (ARPA net)      |
|   humble (and getting humbler by the day) graduate student;           |
|   The Air Force Institute of Technology  (what a great way of life??) |

scott@tuna.cs.odu.edu (Scott Yelich) (06/12/89)

In article <1159@blackbird.afit.af.mil> jlong@blackbird.afit.af.mil (Jeffrey K. Long) writes:
>I too had "short-file" problems with bigscreen1.1 until I d/l the uuencoded
>file and used Dumas' UUD.TTP on it.  It "decoded" ok, and then the arc
>shell 'de-arced" it, but when I try to run it (on a color monitor) it
>installs and then locks up until I reboot!!

My file seemed to be ok.
I ran it in monochrome since it didnt even load in color.
Then, I could pick up an icon and move it off the bottom, but when I let go....
the program would crash.

I am really interested in BIGSCREEN...

DOES ANYONE HAVE A VERSION THAT WORKS?

   Scott D. Yelich                           scott@cs.odu.edu  [128.82.8.1]