[comp.sys.atari.st] Cursor Keys in MicroEMACS

small@netsys.COM (Wilson Small) (06/12/89)

     I'm trying to find out if anybody can tell me how to get the
cursor keys to work when using MicroEMACS (ver 3.9e) on a remote system.
I am using UNITERM in the VT100 mode, my term on the host is defined
as a vt100 and i cannot get the cursor keys to act right.  They work
fine on vi and other applications but not on emacs!  Is there something
I gots to put in my emacs setup file (.emacsrc) to make it recognize the
ST cursor keys?

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.....

                                          willy small
                                          small\@netsys.com
                         {...rutgers,ames,att}!netsys!small

swklassen@dahlia.waterloo.edu (Steven W. Klassen) (06/13/89)

In article <13601@netsys.COM> small@netsys.COM (Wilson Small) writes:

>     I'm trying to find out if anybody can tell me how to get the
>cursor keys to work when using MicroEMACS (ver 3.9e) on a remote system.
>I am using UNITERM in the VT100 mode, my term on the host is defined
>as a vt100 and i cannot get the cursor keys to act right.  They work
>fine on vi and other applications but not on emacs!  Is there something
>I gots to put in my emacs setup file (.emacsrc) to make it recognize the
>ST cursor keys?

I don't know about MicroEMACS ver 3.9e but the emacs on the machines
here at Waterloo don't seem to like the cursor keys of any terminal.
I have tried using the vt52, vt100, vt200 series and wyse terminals.
My solution: when on a wyse terminal, define f17 - f20 to do the
cursor functions.
             when on my Atari, (VT200 via Uniterm) define f7 - f10 to do
the cursor functions.

If someone does know how to get emacs to recognize the cursor keys I'm
sure there are lots of us who would like to know about it.

Steven W. Klassen
Computer Science Major
University of Waterloo