[comp.sys.atari.st] Re^2: BIGSCREEN question - same troubles ...

dkhusema@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Dirk Husemann) (06/21/89)

src@cs.odu.edu (Scott R. Chilcote) writes:

>In article <1410@laura.UUCP> jf@laura.UUCP (Jan-Hinrich Fessel) writes:
>>
>>>I couldn't get it, too. Uudecode says "short file" ...
>>>Could you post it again, Julian? It seems to have been corrupted on its
>>>way.
>>
>>It seems you are the only one who has this problem...
>>mail news@unido.uucp for gettin a working version.
>>--
>>			      Jan-Hinrich Fessel

>   I went and looked at the version that reached this node, and it's definitely
>broken.  The second to the last line of the binary doesn't have a leading 'M';
>ergo, something got hosed in the communication.

>   Since a new version was posted to this newsgroup since then, it may no
>longer be a problem...

	The new version was received o.k. I could uudecode it quite well and
installed it on my system - just to become aware of the fact that my ST has
TOS version 1.0 installed (the "error" of having one's system crashed when
moving an icon for example), ... - well, I guess I just have to wait for
my new system (I'm going to change to a MEGA ST 4 as soon as I get the money
from the company I work for from time to time, - - -).

>--

------------------ Smile, tomorrow will be worse! --------------
Email:	dkhusema@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Or:	{pyramid,unido}!fauern!faui49!dkhusema
Mail:	Dirk Husemann, Aufsess-Str. 19, D-8520 Erlangen,
(Home)	West Germany
(Busi-	University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Computer Science Dep.,
ness)	IMMD IV, Martensstr. 1, D-8520 Erlangen, West Germany
Phone:	(Home) +49 9131 302036,	(Business) +49 9131 857908
-- Beam me up, Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here! --
--------------- My opinions are mine, mine, mine ---------------

stank@anvil.WV.TEK.COM (Stan Kalinowski) writes:

>Jan-Hinrich Fessel said:

>>For getting the executable:
>>mv bigscrn.prg bigscrn.prg.Z; uncompress bigsreen.prg
>>
>>(This only if you did not follow the advice in the article....
>>

>Dirk Husemann said:

>>>I couldn't get it, too. Uudecode says "short file" ...
>>>Could you post it again, Julian? It seems to have been corrupted on its
>>>way.

>Then Jan-Hinrich Fessel said:

>>It seems you are the only one who has this problem...
>>mail news@unido.uucp for gettin a working version.

>Well he wasn't the only person having this problem, I got a short file
>message when I uudecoded it too.  I think part of the problem might be

>At any rate, I hope someone out there can clear up the confusion, I'd
>really appreciate it.

	I got a working version - it's been posted to comp.binaries.atari.st
last week or so. I got it uudecoded and up and running on my system just to
find out that I'm running TOS 1.0 ...