[comp.sys.atari.st] Say it ain't so....

csrobe@CS.WM.EDU (Chip Roberson) (06/22/89)

I just got this from a friend and I wanted to know if this is true.  If it
is true, any good feelings that I had been having for Atari (since they
started talking on the net again) will quickly disappear.  In fact, just
the thought of it makes me livid.

>Did you read the latest STZMAG? An Atari official says that it may be some
>months before the ROM version of TOS 1.4 is available for public
>consumption, and that right now, only the developpers can have it.
>All the ROMs are going to be used in the Mega shipped as part of
>the DTP package. No upgrade for other users yet. @%$&#^@%*!!!

I am going to hold my tongue for now, but if we old-Atarians are getting
shafted again, I'm going to go off like an atom.  Come on guys, even
the trash gets taken out once in a while.

Every good system designer knows that starvation is not good for an
`operating system.'

Say it ain't so...
-c
| Chip Roberson                ARPANET:  csrobe@cs.wm.edu           |
| Dept of Comp. Sci.                     csrobe@icase.edu           |
| College of William and Mary  BITNET:   #csrobe@wmmvs.bitnet       |
| Williamsburg, VA 23185       UUCP:     ...!uunet!cs.wm.edu!csrobe |

 -=- The Animal-Rights mailing list is now on the air.           -=-
 -=- Send mail to Animal-Rights-Request@cs.odu.edu to subscribe. -=-

brianp@ernie.Berkeley.EDU (Brian Peterson) (06/22/89)

In article <8906220402.AA02743@cs.wm.edu> csrobe@CS.WM.EDU (Chip Roberson) writes:
->I just got this from a friend and I wanted to know if this is true.  If it
  [...]
->
->>Did you read the latest STZMAG? An Atari official says that it may be some
->>months before the ROM version of TOS 1.4 is available for public
->>consumption, and that right now, only the developpers can have it.
   [...]

Last I heard, 1.4 on PROMs goes to developers, while the teeming hordes
have to wait for ROMs.  Any delay is due to rom manufacture.
(Anyone want to burn enough proms for every st owner??? :-)
	Brian Peterson, ...!ucbvax!ucbernie!brianp (brianp@ernie.berkeley.edu)