[comp.sys.atari.st] ATTENTION SPECTRE 128 OWNERS!

Z4648252@SFAUSTIN.BITNET (Z4648252) (06/03/89)

    Recently, I offered to send to Spectre owners PD/SHAREWARE that I
receive which is usually on a daily basis from our university computer.
    I was shocked at the amount of requests!  Since I am not a LISTSERVER
but want to help out, I think I am going to offer help in the following
manner.  Below is a list of a list server at Rice University which you
can request files from.  Also, I am including the address of INFO-MAC.
Combining information from INFO-MAC and the Rice server, you will receive
new files that may be only days old.
    Also, I'll periodically announce new files that I have available which
I think are the most beneficial.  There will be only about three but these
are usually "block-busters".

O LISTSERV@RICE
  - request the list of files from LISTSERV@RICE by typing the following
    BITNET command:  $MACARCH GET /$MACARCH.CONTENTS.

O INFO-MAC@SUMEX-AIM.STANFORD.EDU
  -SUBscribe to this magazine.  It may take a couple of tries as they are
   not clear as to their magazine address.  The above address is the one
   which is rated: "REPLY TO".  At any rate, you will be informed as to
   which address to correspond to.  This is, by far, the best Mac magazine.

O I currently have the following three files available:
    - VIRUS DETECTIVE 3.0 -- an accessory
    - Disinfectant 1.1 -- an excellant application
    - MacTrek 0.99a  -- an excellant Star Trek quiz program.  Includes
                        membership form and T-shirt order info for Trek Club.
                        a Trek newsletter.

O If needed, I will make available the following REQUIRED programs:
    - Magic Beep v1.0 -- Gives you the ~G beep.  Don't use with Spectre's
                         sound feature!!!
    - Disk Param ------- Saves your control panel settings.

    * These are placed in the SYSTEM FOLDER.

-----
    I will send these in the BIXHEXed format.  I can't help if you don't
have the proper utility (BixHex or StuffIt) to decode this stuff.

Larry Rymal <Z4648252@SFAUSTIN.BITNET>

Z4648252@SFAUSTIN.BITNET (Z4648252) (06/20/89)

    Rather than catching the wrath of the gentleman who is against
programs being transferred through the magazine, in spite of the fact
that a significant number of users are unable to get to the lists, I'm
making available a new virus accessory update for a popular accessory
for the Spectre 128 via my address.
    Description follows:

      VirusDetective is a DA for tracking down viruses (or
any resources) in files that are on FLOPPIES or HARD
DRIVES.
      You specify the resource type and various attributes.
Once the offending resource is found it can optionally be
removed from the file (use this feature with caution) or file
deleted.  The user can update the search list at any time.
Shareware.
      Version 3.0.1 corrects a problem where Data scans
would fail in certain situations (evident in the System file
searches but *not* in the application searches).
      Update postcards will be going out to all registered users
this week.  All those who paid to receive 3.0 will be getting 3.0.1
free of charge. Unpack with StuffIt after downloading.
 (This file must be converted with BinHex 4.0)
---------------

    Send a note to me and I'll send this file to you.

Larry Rymal <Z4648252@SFAUSTIN.BITNET>

scott@mdbs.UUCP (Scott Hicks) (06/23/89)

In article <890619.22484897.018730@SFA.CP6> Z4648252@SFAUSTIN.BITNET (Z4648252) writes:

>    Rather than catching the wrath of the gentleman who is against
>programs being transferred through the magazine, in spite of the fact
>that a significant number of users are unable to get to the lists, I'm
>making available a new virus accessory update for a popular accessory
>for the Spectre 128 via my address.
>    Description follows:
>
>    Send a note to me and I'll send this file to you.
>
>Larry Rymal <Z4648252@SFAUSTIN.BITNET>

	PLEASE!!

Scott Hicks   scott@mdbs