[comp.sys.atari.st] Wanted: Directory cleanup program by Daniel Glaser

VBRANDT@DBNUAMA1.BITNET (06/23/89)

Hello all,

In Info-Atari16 Digest #258, per2!dag@speedy.wisc.edu (Daniel A. Glasser) says:

[ Stuff deleted a
>I have a DANGEROUS program which can be used to reorder the files in
>a directory, get rid of empty entries in the middle and mark the ones
>at the end as unused (to speed up directory searches) rather than deleted.
>I will submit this program (and source) to comp.binaries.atari.st and
>comp.sources.atari.st sometime in early June (I'm going on a vacation soon
>and don't have time to dig it out just now.)  Note that this program has
>not been tested under TOS 1.4.

Has Daniel posted this thing by now?  Is it available on SSYX (the only source
of ST binaries for BITNET users since NETLIB@LAKESYS.UUCP died) ??

Alternatively, would a kind soul be willing to send me source and binary for
this program (whatever Daniel called it)?  Please send word beforehand. Thanks.

Note that I have TOS 1.4, and am willing to test the thing under 1.4.

[Sorry to bother the net, but mail to Daniel came back (maybe the mailer
 didn't like the '!' in 'per2!dag'... a

Bitnet:  VBRANDT@DBNUAMA1 (will go away late '89)      Volker A. Brandt
          UNM409@DBNRHRZ1 (soon)                       Angewandte Mathematik
UUCP:    ...!unido!DBNUAMA1.bitnet!vbrandt             (Bonn, West Germany)
ARPAnet: VBRANDT%DBNUAMA1.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU

dag@per2.UUCP (Daniel A. Glasser) (06/23/89)

In article <8906230931.AA21556@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>, VBRANDT@DBNUAMA1.BITNET writes:
> Has Daniel posted this thing by now?  Is it available on SSYX (the only source
> of ST binaries for BITNET users since NETLIB@LAKESYS.UUCP died) ??
> [Sorry to bother the net, but mail to Daniel came back (maybe the mailer
>  didn't like the '!' in 'per2!dag'... a

Hi there.  Sorry your mailer didn't like my address.  No, I've not had
time to post the program yet, but I did find it.  Posting programs is a
rather involved process for me because I don't have an Atari here connected
to this machine nor do I have a 3.5" drive...  I will mail it to
comp.{sources,binaries}.atari.st late next week.

					Daniel A. Glasser
    Daniel A. Glasser                           One of those things that goes
    uwvax!per2!dag                              "BUMP!!!(ouch)" in the night.
 ---Persoft, Inc.---------465 Science Drive-------Madison, WI 53711-----------