[comp.sys.atari.st] Important: Anonymous ftp site at SSYX to be discontinued.

sirkm@ssyx.ucsc.edu (Greg Anderson) (06/27/89)

This is not definate yet, but the Atari archive at SSYX will probably be
removed shortly.

If you think you might want something from the site, GET IT NOW while you
still can.

     ___\    /___               Greg Anderson              ___\    /___
     \   \  /   /         Social Sciences Computing        \   \  /   /
      \  /\/\  /    University of California, Santa Cruz    \  /\/\  /
       \/    \/              sirkm@ssyx.ucsc.edu             \/    \/

koreth@ssyx.ucsc.edu (Steven Grimm) (06/27/89)

In article <8148@saturn.ucsc.edu> sirkm@ssyx.ucsc.edu (Greg Anderson) writes:
>This is not definate yet, but the Atari archive at SSYX will probably be
>removed shortly.
>
>If you think you might want something from the site, GET IT NOW while you
>still can.

I was going to wait until I had more solid information one way or the other
before posting anything about this, but it is indeed a distinct possibility.
Seems that the business types upstairs have decided that 20 megabytes of
Atari software isn't a very good use of University equipment.  I am looking
into alternate locations for the archive and will post a message here if/
when I come up with something; hopefully I will have a new place for it
within a couple of days.

---
These are my opinions, which you can probably ignore if you want to.
Steven Grimm		Moderator, comp.{sources,binaries}.atari.st
koreth@ssyx.ucsc.edu	uunet!ucbvax!ucscc!ssyx!koreth