[comp.sys.atari.st] Flight Simulator on a hard drive

Z4648252@SFAUSTIN.BITNET (Z4648252) (06/28/89)

"I found that << Flight Simulator 2 >> will not work from a HD."

    Send your original disk to SubLogic with NO MONEY.  They will send
you back an updated version at no charge.  It will run on a hard drive.
    I originally sent in my original disk with $5.00 as per the manual's
instructions and was given the $5.00 back along with a very nice letter
stating that the charge was not needed.
    Now, isn't that nice?  This was six months ago.  Don't know what the
policy is now.

Larry Rymal <Z4648252@SFAUSTIN.BITNET>

neil@cs.hw.ac.uk (Neil Forsyth) (06/29/89)

In article <890627.23525024.027053@SFA.CP6> Z4648252@SFAUSTIN.BITNET (Z4648252) writes:
>"I found that << Flight Simulator 2 >> will not work from a HD."
>
>    Send your original disk to SubLogic with NO MONEY.  They will send
>you back an updated version at no charge.  It will run on a hard drive.

Perhaps not. The only difference I ever saw between old and new versions of
FS2 was the lack of copy protection. The new version was loctated at an
absolute address. This means that it may run on your hard drive if the
resident programs like ACC don't take up too much RAM else tough.

For speed purposes I would run it from a Mark Williams bootable RAM disk.

>Larry Rymal <Z4648252@SFAUSTIN.BITNET>

/ DISCLAIMER: Unless otherwise stated, the above comments are entirely my own \
! "I think all right thinking people in this country are sick and tired of    !
! being told that ordinary decent people are fed up in this country with      !
! being sick and tired. I'm certainly not and I'm sick and tired of being     !
! told that I am!" - Monty Python                                             !
! Neil Forsyth                           JANET:  neil@uk.ac.hw.cs             !
! Dept. of Computer Science              ARPA:   neil@cs.hw.ac.uk             !
! Heriot-Watt University                 UUCP:   ..!ukc!cs.hw.ac.uk!neil      !
! Edinburgh, Scotland                                                         !