[comp.sys.atari.st] Commodore 1084 monitor

csttrjs@warwick.ac.uk (Mark Maplethorpe) (06/26/89)

I own a 520ST which I use with a colour TV. A friend of mine is selling his
Amiga and I have the option to buy his C 1084 monitor.

What I want to know is :-
    1) can I hook this up to my ST ?
    2) if so what resolutions will it display (ie can it display mono ) ?
and 3) how can the hook up be achieved ?

Mark Maplethorpe.

goller@gmdzi.UUCP (Stefan Goller) (06/29/89)

In article <168@orchid.warwick.ac.uk>, csttrjs@warwick.ac.uk (Mark Maplethorpe) writes:
> I own a 520ST which I use with a colour TV. A friend of mine is selling his
> Amiga and I have the option to buy his C 1084 monitor.
>
> What I want to know is :-
>     1) can I hook this up to my ST ?
>     2) if so what resolutions will it display (ie can it display mono ) ?
> and 3) how can the hook up be achieved ?
>
> Mark Maplethorpe.

Hello Mark!

It is possible to use a 1084 monitor with a ST. I have a 1040 ST connected
to a Commodore monitor.

The answers to your questions:

1) yes
2) med-res and low-res are possible
3) you need a cable with an Atari monitor plug on one side and a Scart
   plug on the other.

I hope, these are the informations you need.

Stefan Goller