[comp.sys.atari.st] WHAT EPROMS WORK IN A 1040ST?

hcj@lzaz.ATT.COM (HC Johnson) (07/17/89)

I copied my TOS ROMS to EPROM (Intel 256-2 parts).  These are rated at 200 ns.
The result almost works but is 'different'.

Any one looked into the required speed for Eproms?

What are the TOS 1.4 Eproms rated at?

Howard C. Johnson
ATT Bell Labs
att!lzaz!hcj
hcj@lzaz.att.com

hase@netmbx.UUCP (Hartmut Semken) (07/19/89)

In article <699@lzaz.ATT.COM> hcj@lzaz.ATT.COM (HC Johnson) writes:
>I copied my TOS ROMS to EPROM (Intel 256-2 parts).  These are rated at 200 ns.
>The result almost works but is 'different'.
>Any one looked into the required speed for Eproms?

200 nanoseconds schould work fine (the 8 MHz 68000 isn't that fast...).

Slower EPROMs gain speed by controlling them via -OE instead of -CE.

The access time is rated after giving power to the chip (-CE); grounding
-CE and controlling the EPROMS outputs (-OE output enable) speeds 200 ns
EPROMS to less than 80 ns... (a 16 MHz 68000 would have difficulties to
keep up with that).

hase
--
Hartmut Semken, Lupsteiner Weg 67, 1000 Berlin 37 hase@netmbx.UUCP
If there is something more important than my Ego, I want it caught and shot.