[comp.sys.atari.st] Looking for gnu c++

kron%aiki@Sun.COM (Ken Kron) (06/15/89)

Recently someone was looking for C++ and the response was gnu++ was
ported to the atari and should be on an archive.

Well I have been looking on an archive that goes back to volume1
and I haven't been able to find it.

Can anyone tell me exactly where to look??

Thanks in advance.

- Kenneth Kron

jca@pnet01.cts.com (John C. Archambeau) (06/16/89)

Anything from the GNU project can be ftp'ed from prep.ai.mit.edu during
non-business hours.  After connected do a cd pub/gnu and there you are,
all of the GNU project's software.
 /*--------------------------------------------------------------------------*
  * That's not an operating system, this is an operating system!
  * UUCP: {nosc ucsd hplabs!hp-sdd}!crash!pnet01!jca
  * APRA: crash!pnet01!jca@nosc.mil
  * INET: jca@pnet01.cts.com
  *--------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

#include <disclaimer.h>

easterb@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (William K. Karwin) (07/22/89)

In article <110109@sun.Eng.Sun.COM> kron%aiki@Sun.COM (Ken Kron) writes:
>Recently someone was looking for C++ and the response was gnu++ was
>ported to the atari and should be on an archive.
>
>Can anyone tell me exactly where to look??

No, they said that the GNU C compiler, not the C++ compiler,
had been ported to the ST.  The GNU C compiler, called gcc,
is available on the ssyx archive, in directory "pub/atari-misc".
I think there is a subdirectory for gcc, gas (GNU assembler),
and gdb (GNU debugger).

The GNU C++ compiler, called g++, is available on prep.ai.mit.edu
(um, as far as I can remember; I make no guarantees that is the
correct host address), as well as all the other GNU stuff.
However, the stuff on prep is not ported to the ST.

Another consideration is that gcc on ssyx is version 1.34.  The
most recent version of gcc and g++ that I know of on prep is 1.35.

Good luck!

William K. Karwin                 ARPA  : easterb@ucscb.ucsc.EDU
"Any nitwit can understand        UUCP  : ...!ucbvax!ucscc!ucscb!easterb
computers.  Many do." -T. Nelson  BITNET: easterb@ucscb.BITNET