[comp.sys.atari.st] Where to get 1040ST Video connector.

clark@endor.harvard.edu (jim Clark) (07/23/89)

I know this has been covered in this news group
before, but be patient with me as didn't think
to save any of the responses....

I am looking for sources for the 13 pin (male)
plug which connects to the 1040ST video output
connector. I am trying to connect a Samsung
multisync monitor to the ST in place of the
Atari color monitor.

I have looked in  a number of catalogs from
various electronics parts distributers
(Gerber, Newark, DigiKey etc.) and haven't
found anything close. Does anybody have any
leads? I am thinking of getting a more
common type of connector and replacing the
jack on the ST itself, but I don't want to
do this unless I have to.

	Thanks,

	Jim Clark
	clark@nous.harvard.edu
	Division of Applied Sciences
	Harvard University

p.s., anybody need a ST color monitor? Make
me an offer.

Subject: need a plug to fit into the ST video output

dav@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (William David Haas) (07/23/89)

In article <2265@husc6.harvard.edu> clark@nous.UUCP (James J. Clark) writes:

>I am looking for sources for the 13 pin (male)
>plug which connects to the 1040ST video output
>connector. I am trying to connect a Samsung
>multisync monitor to the ST in place of the
>Atari color monitor.

I thought the answer might be of interest to other people so:

Call At Your Service (412)335-4477.  Ask for the monitor plug for the ST.
I have no connection with them except for having bought one of their
plugs before.

michaela@iscuve.iscs.com (Michael Albo) (07/23/89)

In article <2265@husc6.harvard.edu> clark@nous.UUCP (James J. Clark) writes:
>I know this has been covered in this news group
>before, but be patient with me as didn't think
>to save any of the responses....
>
>I am looking for sources for the 13 pin (male)
>plug which connects to the 1040ST video output
>connector. I am trying to connect a Samsung
>multisync monitor to the ST in place of the
>Atari color monitor.

A friend of mine and myself are doing exactly the same
thing. The source you are looking for is Best Electronics
in Calif. At the momemt I don't have their address but I
will post it separately. Best carries most Atari components.
We found that the best answer is to order a 13 pin male to
13 pin male 6 foot video cable for $20 and cut it in two so
that we both had a pinned video cable. You can by a raw connector
also, but the pins are no fun to solder to.

michaela@iscuve.iscs.com (Michael Albo) (07/24/89)

In article <2578@iscuva.ISCS.COM> michaela@iscuve.iscs.com.UUCP (Michael Albo) writes:
>In article <2265@husc6.harvard.edu> clark@nous.UUCP (James J. Clark) writes:
>>I am looking for sources for the 13 pin (male)
>>plug which connects to the 1040ST video output
>>connector. I am trying to connect a Samsung
>>multisync monitor to the ST in place of the
>>Atari color monitor.
>>
>... At the momemt I don't have their address but I
>will post it separately. Best carries most Atari components.

Best Electronics
2021 The Alameda Suite 290
San Jose, California 95126
(408) 243-6950