[comp.sys.atari.st] VIP PROFESSIONAL AND ARCHIVE SITE

CHIASSA@UDEM.BITNET (Alyre CHIASSON) (07/22/89)

 I just purchased VIP PROFESSIONAL yesterday and as the shrink wrap
 looks old and manual has a 1986 copyright date I was wondering if
 someone could tell me the version number of the latest release.

 In a recent digest someone suggested atari@terminator.cc.umich.edu
 as a site. Send help or just help in either the subject heading or
 the text heading of my mailer program results in  a rejected server
 command from this site. Does this server get upset if it a blank
 space preceeds the message, or does the problem lie elsewhere?

 Thanks

wao@cbnewsm.ATT.COM (william.a.oswald) (07/24/89)

In article <ID1198.D890722.T134723.CHIASSA@UDEM> CHIASSA@UDEM.BITNET (Alyre CHIASSON) writes:
[stuff deleted]

> In a recent digest someone suggested atari@terminator.cc.umich.edu
> as a site. Send help or just help in either the subject heading or
> the text heading of my mailer program results in  a rejected server
> command from this site. Does this server get upset if it a blank
> space preceeds the message, or does the problem lie elsewhere?
>
> Thanks

Try it with out a blank in front of the "help" request (the subject
line is ignored by terminator). Better yet send it the command
"index" (no blanks) to get a full index of all files stored at
terminator.
Hope this helps
Bill Oswald
E-mail -> aloft!wao@research.att.com

silvert@cs.dal.ca (Bill Silvert) (07/27/89)

In article <ID1198.D890722.T134723.CHIASSA@UDEM> CHIASSA@UDEM.BITNET (Alyre CHIASSON) writes:
> I just purchased VIP PROFESSIONAL yesterday and as the shrink wrap
> looks old and manual has a 1986 copyright date I was wondering if
> someone could tell me the version number of the latest release.

My version, which is I believe the latest, is 1.2.  The GEM verson
(PROFESS.PRG) carries a copyright date of 1986, the Lotus look-alike
version is copyright 1987, but both are 1.2.

--
Bill Silvert, Habitat Ecology Division.
Bedford Institute of Oceanography, Dartmouth, NS, Canada B2Y 4A2