[comp.sys.atari.st] Missing gnuemacs parts

ooa@MSG002.UUCP (O.Atkins) (07/26/89)

Recently we received all but gnuemacs.uag through gnuemacs.ual!
Could some kind soul please send these to me?

EMAIL to ..!MSG002!ooapc!ooa

If EMAIL is not possible, is there another way I can get them?
Maybe - as - a - package?

Owen (In debt) Atkins

		a T d H v A a N n K c S e

covertr@gtephx.UUCP (Richard E. Covert) (07/27/89)

In article <1073@MSG002.UUCP>, ooa@MSG002.UUCP (O.Atkins) writes:
> Recently we received all but gnuemacs.uag through gnuemacs.ual!
> Could some kind soul please send these to me?

	We didn't receive all of GNU EMACS for the ST here at gtephx
as well. Also, are the source code files for the ST version of GNU EMACS
available?? And was GNU EMACS GEMized for the ST (adding things like a
file selector would be nice!!).

	So, please email me the binaries and/or the source code to GNU
EMACS for the ST.

	TIA
richard (gtephx!covertr) covert

roeder@sbsvax.UUCP (Edgar Roeder) (07/29/89)

In article <44ac3573.14a1f@gtephx.UUCP>, covertr@gtephx.UUCP (Richard E. Covert) writes:
>      ... Also, are the source code files for the ST version of GNU EMACS
> available?? And was GNU EMACS GEMized for the ST (adding things like a
> file selector would be nice!!).

  The total source for GNU Emacs is about 1.2 MB. So i cannot post the whole
thing. I will post the context diffs from the original emacs distribution to
the st version in a few weeks. This will only be about 56 kB.
  Why not post it now? The problem is that the emacs port depends heavily on my
modifications to the gcc library to handle more un*x function calls like
fstat, signal (SIGTSTP, SIGINT, SIGALRM), and some more. So i would have to
post these library modifications too since otherwise the emacs diffs would be
useless. My work was based on the library for the compiler version 1.23
and not the latest version. I don't want to post fixes to an outdated version.
  So i'll try first to get a newer version of the gcc-library, merge in the
enhancements and post this (BTW: i would be very happy, if some kind soul
could either mail me a newer version or point to a mail server (no anonymous
FTP, no anonymous UUCP - i can't do that from here) which has it).

  Adding GEM support would have increased memory requirements and program
size. Although several windows would be nice, i would NEVER go back to the
file selector box: in emacs you have file name completion.
  I thought about building in some support for the mouse but this would be
some more work. Basically the mouse movements and key presses should be
reported when i read from a '/dev/mouse' device. So the X-Windows or Sun
versions of the mouse drivers for emacs could be used. Ideas on this are always
welcome.
  Eventually i will post a minimal shell (located at _shell_p) with an interface
to my popup menu library (posted some time ago). Then you would have menus
from which you can choose commands and/or files with the mouse.

> 	TIA
> richard (gtephx!covertr) covert

- Edgar