[comp.sys.atari.st] Question on Mega 2 prices

sullivan@EDN-VAX.DCA.MIL (Pat Sullivan) (07/25/89)

A mail order house in New York City (who appears to be mainly in the
music and video business) is advertising prices of $599 for 1040STFM's
and $1049 for Mega 2's. I've had a difficult time finding Atari price
numbers but these look like pretty good prices. Am I correct?

-Pat Sullivan
 Reston, VA.

obryan@gumby.cc.wmich.edu (Mark O'Bryan) (08/01/89)

In article <8907241740.AA02583@EDN-VAX.DCA.MIL>, sullivan@EDN-VAX.DCA.MIL (Pat Sullivan) writes:

> A mail order house in New York City (who appears to be mainly in the
> music and video business) is advertising prices of $599 for 1040STFM's
> and $1049 for Mega 2's. I've had a difficult time finding Atari price
> numbers but these look like pretty good prices. Am I correct?

Keep in mind that these prices from New York are WITHOUT monitors.
So, you'll have to add that to the price to come up with a total cost.

As far as I know, these are pretty good prices.  When Atari was running
a special promotion about 6 months ago (which I believe is now over),
participating dealers were selling mono 1040's for $800, and mono Mega 2's
for $1,300.

There aren't many mailorder places selling ST's any more, which makes
things kinda difficult for people who don't have a dealer within 50
miles or so (which, at this point, is just about everybody).

--
Mark T. O'Bryan                 Internet:  obryan@gumby.cc.wmich.edu
Western Michigan University