[comp.sys.atari.st] using OPUS

saj@chinet.chi.il.us (Stephen Jacobs) (07/31/89)

I'm trying to set up the OPUS spreadsheet that was just distributed.  The
installation help file mentions assigner.prg, which does not seem to be
included in the distribution.  I thought this would present no problem,
since the only fonts in my assign.sys file are the ones from Atari's
GDOS distribution set: names like ATSS18EP.FNT, the same 9 fonts in 3
families for high/low resolution, printer and metafile.  This would seem to
meet the requirements of the installation document.  FONTWID.PRG ran just
fine, and correctly (I think) reported 3 fonts.  But on startup, OPUS said
the screen and printer fonts didn't match, and disabled the charting menu
items.  I don't use GEnie (although I'm getting motivated...) or Compuserve,
so I can't contact Doug Harrison those ways.  Anyone instantly know what
I'm doing wrong?  Would posting ASSIGNER.PRG be appropriate?
                                  Steve J.

klute%trillian.irb@unido.uucp (Rainer Klute) (08/06/89)

In article <9117@chinet.chi.il.us> saj@chinet.chi.il.us (Stephen Jacobs) writes:
>I'm trying to set up the OPUS spreadsheet that was just distributed.
>But on startup, OPUS said
>the screen and printer fonts didn't match, and disabled the charting menu
>items.

I would appreciate an OPUS version that allows the user to draw
charts at least on the screen. I do not see any reason why that
should not be possible. Fiddling around with the ASSIGN.SYS
file should be an option, but not required. Even if the screen
and printer fonts do not match it should be possible to print
the charts. Better a printed chart looking a little bit
distorted than no output at all.

  Rainer Klute           ----    klute@trillian.irb.informatik.uni-dortmund.de
  Univ. Dortmund, IRB    |)|/    klute@unido.uucp, klute@unido.bitnet
  Postfach 500500        |\|\    ...uunet!mcvax!unido!klute
D-4600 Dortmund 50       ----    Tel.: +49 231 7554663